Timeout?
I only have go away for a mo and then I've got to login again? Why is the timeout so short?
Auto log-out doesn't usually happen until after 15 minutes of inactivity.
It could be that you experienced the problem while some work was being done on the forum or a temporary problem with your connection.
Perhaps you could let me know when it happened and whether you are still having the problem.
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 1,931
Actually if I log on from my daughter's (or anywhere else away from home for that matter) I have exactly the same problem 😱
You have different cookies for "www.pne-online" and the shorter "pne-online". Sometimes if I click on an email notification I have to login again because it's using a different cookie to the one i've been on. Maybe it's that?
Mods - can you create a CNAME DNS record pointing "www.pne-online.net" to "pne-online.net"? If you then ermove any references in vbulletin to "www." this problem shouldn't occur.
Cheers
What is a cookie?
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 1,931
What is a cookie?
It's something that makes you too fat you daft ****.
Nah, it's a text file that gets put on your PC when you visit a website and it stores 'state' information, like user logged on, preferences and settings for that site, etc etc. Delete the cookie and it'd be like you never visited the site.
You have different cookies for "www.pne-online" and the shorter "pne-online". Sometimes if I click on an email notification I have to login again because it's using a different cookie to the one i've been on. Maybe it's that?
Mods - can you create a CNAME DNS record pointing "www.pne-online.net" to "pne-online.net"? If you then ermove any references in vbulletin to "www." this problem shouldn't occur.
Cheers
Thanks seanyseansean 🙂
Click the remember my details box or whatever its called, shouldnt that solve it
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 1,931
Click the remember my details box or whatever its called, shouldnt that solve it
I'm referring to a different problem which may or may not be the one in question.
Joan - apologies if that was overgeeked, but the answer was aimed at the admin here!
Will look into it, cheers.You have different cookies for "www.pne-online" and the shorter "pne-online". Sometimes if I click on an email notification I have to login again because it's using a different cookie to the one i've been on. Maybe it's that?
Mods - can you create a CNAME DNS record pointing "www.pne-online.net" to "pne-online.net"? If you then ermove any references in vbulletin to "www." this problem shouldn't occur.
Cheers
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 1,931