- Joined
- Jun 29, 2020
- Messages
- 7,431
Might be wrong but I always thought that players were free to discuss contracts with other clubs in the last 6 months of their deals. Maybe he already has something lined up elsewhere and that's why we aren't bothering to offer him anything.
Yep. Spot on (from what my ‘source’ (I feel like Fabrizio Romano) has told me).
He told the club in November last year that he had no intention of signing a new deal.
He had approaches in January (I have no idea who from) so I imagine he’s already got multiple offers on the table and he’s just taking his time to decide.
I imagine that could change if we do (somehow) go up though.