I have put some of the suggestions raised in how the atmosphere to be improved on this thread to the club.
Will let you know of any outcome.
After speaking to the club I have an inital update.
PA Issues
The club have been looking at this at recent games. The speakers on the Sir Tom Finney stand need replacing, but they will certainly look at reducing the volume for periods and then probably ramp it up with the right songs/videos as we get closer to kick-off.
In terms of the GSO announcements and present match videos/fans behaviour warnings etc, they are either part of the FA Action plan or Ground Safety requirements.
We agreed that limiting them to being played as early as the regulations allow as to not dilute the pre match build up.
Flags/fundraising/engagement.
We have put this on the agenda at the FAN and see if we can go through another advertising/promotional efforts to the wider fan base, looking for flag bearers/wavers – maybe expanding the giant wavers across the whole stadium.
I have always been keen to get the CET service users or student involved in any fan initiatives on Match Days and the club have agreed to look into this.
I understand there is much more to it than just flags, the PA and the like but it is a start.
I am greatful for the support of @AndySaville and others who do their best each match but for us to continue we need wider support.
Worth noting since the orginal posts about the poor atmosphere, the fans have given it a real go but as always we need the team to start winning.
I have noted comments about the drums from posters and will also ensure this is discussed.
Following the results from our polls in which over 90% are in support of safe standing, I will continue to 'bang the drum' on this.
Last edited: