Skip to main content

Safe standing.

Safe standing.

Poll Poll Do you support the introduction of a safe standing area at Deepdale?


  • Total voters
    164
It’s not football related, but every time I went to the MEN arena to watch a show, I always used to get a bit anxious if we were stuck halfway down a block….. No handrails and very steep which made going up or down quite tricky…

Now I always try and book seats near the top of the block and use the exits at the back…

It’s terrible getting old 😫😫

Upper tier at the Bernabeu did me in, don’t know how you can enjoy watching football in those seats ?
 
Was at Coventry last season on row VV spent the entire second half thinking how I was going to get down the steps
Also some of us of a certain age there is also the joints that seem not to work having been standing for 90 plus minutes especially when it’s a tad chilly
My knees go stiff from the cold from Oct - Mar. Nightmare trying to walk down, one step at a time, from R38 of the AKTE post match.

Ok once I reach the concourse and there are rails for the last steps to the outside of the ground. Can walk normally there.

I'm only 55 ffs. That's a bloody ACL, Medial Ligament and Cartlidge damage for you! Plus a lump of bone sticking out that shouldn't be!! 😂
 
Upper tier at the Bernabeu did me in, don’t know how you can enjoy watching football in those seats ?

The heaters in the roof of the stand are quite welcome though.

Good to watch ZZ stroll around from up there but I very much doubt my eyesight would be up to it now!

Steepest and longest climb I think I’ve had was in Nashville watching the Titans. Carrying a couple of beers up there was like It’s a Knockout. I didn’t have much liquid left by the time I reached my seat.
 
The heaters in the roof of the stand are quite welcome though.

Good to watch ZZ stroll around from up there but I very much doubt my eyesight would be up to it now!

Steepest and longest climb I think I’ve had was in Nashville watching the Titans. Carrying a couple of beers up there was like It’s a Knockout. I didn’t have much liquid left by the time I reached my seat.

Soldier Field in Chicago has a crazy sticky-out bit over one corner, it's nosebleed-inducing
 
I see Blackpool are the latest to announce they're putting safe standing in.
It's about time they introduced it at deepdale . I remember risdale quoting a crazy amount of money that it would cost . Left me thinking he needed to get another quote .

Put safe standing on the townend !
 
It's about time they introduced it at deepdale . I remember risdale quoting a crazy amount of money that it would cost . Left me thinking he needed to get another quote .

Put safe standing on the townend !
It should definitely be put at the back of the town end - probably ten rows or so across the middle three blocks and see what the uptake is.
 
They won’t even pay to power wash the stadium until they was shamed into doing so. No way they will foot the bill for safe standing.
We are like the Iceland ( frozen food shop ) of the football world…….
 
It should definitely be put at the back of the town end - probably ten rows or so across the middle three blocks and see what the uptake is.
To be honest Woody the Town End will be less than half full next season , so plenty of scope for a standing area…
 
Back
Top