A depressing cancer thread .
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2011
- Messages
- 8,607
So sorry to hear this Hitch. Stay strong, thoughts are with you!
- Joined
- Dec 4, 2005
- Messages
- 22,566
So sorry to read this Hitch.
Hoping you have some sort of positive news in the coming months.
Wishing you the very best of luck
💙
Hoping you have some sort of positive news in the coming months.
Wishing you the very best of luck
💙
Bit of a personal one this, and not something I ever imagined I'd be writing on here.I'm only 54.
I've been dealing with stage 4 kidney cancer for the last few months. Unfortunately the tumour had grown into the main vein (IVC) coming from the kidney, which meant surgery wasn't possible, so I've been having immunotherapy and targeted treatment instead.
It's been a pretty rough few months if I'm honest. I've got a season ticket but only been well enough to watch on TV.(Some might say that's fortunate) Treatment has had to be stopped and restarted a few times because of various complications, including a recent spell in hospital with sepsis, and I've only managed two rounds of immunotherapy so far.
Today I've had some more worrying news following a heart scan, which suggests the tumour may have travelled further up the IVC towards/reaching the heart. I'm waiting to hear properly from oncology and hopefully have further scans to establish exactly what's going on, so I don't want to jump too far ahead of myself.
I'm not posting this looking for sympathy really. I've been on PNE Online a long time and sometimes it just helps to put things down in words amongst people you spend far too much time arguing about football with. 😅
It's frightening, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but I'm still here, still fighting it and still following North End — although I'm not sure which of those is worse for my blood pressure at the moment. If one day I'm not posting im with the gentry.
Up the Whites. 🤍💙
Sorry to hear this, thoughts are with you. Please keep putting down your Words, we will keep reading and trying to offer what support we can. I have used this section for just ranting away. Not sure many read anymore, but it does help and there is a very good community that do read and respond. It won't help but I wish you luck,
Only just read this shocking news Hitch. Wishing you the best luck in the world and a return to full health asap. DM me anytime you need a chat xBit of a personal one this, and not something I ever imagined I'd be writing on here.I'm only 54.
I've been dealing with stage 4 kidney cancer for the last few months. Unfortunately the tumour had grown into the main vein (IVC) coming from the kidney, which meant surgery wasn't possible, so I've been having immunotherapy and targeted treatment instead.
It's been a pretty rough few months if I'm honest. I've got a season ticket but only been well enough to watch on TV.(Some might say that's fortunate) Treatment has had to be stopped and restarted a few times because of various complications, including a recent spell in hospital with sepsis, and I've only managed two rounds of immunotherapy so far.
Today I've had some more worrying news following a heart scan, which suggests the tumour may have travelled further up the IVC towards/reaching the heart. I'm waiting to hear properly from oncology and hopefully have further scans to establish exactly what's going on, so I don't want to jump too far ahead of myself.
I'm not posting this looking for sympathy really. I've been on PNE Online a long time and sometimes it just helps to put things down in words amongst people you spend far too much time arguing about football with. 😅
It's frightening, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but I'm still here, still fighting it and still following North End — although I'm not sure which of those is worse for my blood pressure at the moment. If one day I'm not posting im with the gentry.
Up the Whites. 🤍💙
S
SolidarityCha
Bit of a personal one this, and not something I ever imagined I'd be writing on here.I'm only 54.
I've been dealing with stage 4 kidney cancer for the last few months. Unfortunately the tumour had grown into the main vein (IVC) coming from the kidney, which meant surgery wasn't possible, so I've been having immunotherapy and targeted treatment instead.
It's been a pretty rough few months if I'm honest. I've got a season ticket but only been well enough to watch on TV.(Some might say that's fortunate) Treatment has had to be stopped and restarted a few times because of various complications, including a recent spell in hospital with sepsis, and I've only managed two rounds of immunotherapy so far.
Today I've had some more worrying news following a heart scan, which suggests the tumour may have travelled further up the IVC towards/reaching the heart. I'm waiting to hear properly from oncology and hopefully have further scans to establish exactly what's going on, so I don't want to jump too far ahead of myself.
I'm not posting this looking for sympathy really. I've been on PNE Online a long time and sometimes it just helps to put things down in words amongst people you spend far too much time arguing about football with. 😅
It's frightening, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but I'm still here, still fighting it and still following North End — although I'm not sure which of those is worse for my blood pressure at the moment. If one day I'm not posting im with the gentry.
Up the Whites. 🤍💙
Really sorry to hear this. Keep asking questions and lean on the staff - they're doing the best for you. Anything you need just holler and I'm sure the group will rally around. Have you got family/friend support?
Not nice to read, can't imagine what its like to go through. Wishing you all the best in your battle Hitch, keep going.
If I can offer any advice it would be to keep posting on here when you need to vent. I can attest to how wonderful this community can be at lifting spirits when most required.
If I can offer any advice it would be to keep posting on here when you need to vent. I can attest to how wonderful this community can be at lifting spirits when most required.
- Joined
- Jul 21, 2010
- Messages
- 39,255
Hope you are keeping well stfNot nice to read, can't imagine what its like to go through. Wishing you all the best in your battle Hitch, keep going.
If I can offer any advice it would be to keep posting on here when you need to vent. I can attest to how wonderful this community can be at lifting spirits when most required.
Hope your wife is better very soon.Stay strong Hitch, your attitude to this amazing and take a day at a time .
My wife was diagnosed in June with a bladder cancer growth, she also suffered sepsis and is currently still in hospital.
Just got to hope and be positive and trust all the medical staff.
Thoughts are with you , scary times ,resolve and mental strength key allies.
Stay strong Hitch, your attitude to this amazing and take a day at a time .
My wife was diagnosed in June with a bladder cancer growth, she also suffered sepsis and is currently still in hospital.
Just got to hope and be positive and trust all the medical staff.
Thoughts are with you , scary times ,resolve and mental strength key allies.
Thanks North Ender, much appreciated., hoping for progress on chemo re start this week after blood/ platelets levels increase.Hope your wife is better very soon.
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2011
- Messages
- 8,607
Good luck to you and your wife.Thanks North Ender, much appreciated., hoping for progress on chemo re start this week after blood/ platelets levels increase.
Thanks Janie, and to all responses, appreciated guysGood luck to you and your wife.