Skip to main content

Antidepressants

Antidepressants

How nice to see your name pop up 🙂
I notice Mirtazapine hasn't been mentioned in the above posts - to be used along with propranolol (as required) ?
Mirt is a god awful pill (for me). Absolute horrendous.
We are all different so may work super for some.
Trouble with these types of medication is, there can be a lot of trial and error before you find the right one for you. Never give up and tell your doc if they’re not suiting you. Keep changing til you feel you're on the right path.
 
And ???? Did it help
I just kind of took it as I'd been prescribed it during a telehealth call (when I was on Lexapro) with a random online doc in Queensland cause they couldn't prescribe me Valium. It kind of helped calm the farm a bit and helped with sleep, but it can be a dodgy one to take with Venlafaxine (the combo is known as "California rocket fuel") as it can have serious interaction issues and cause serotonin syndrome.
 
Okay, so the Effexor hasn't worked out as the right solution.
I'm now reducing my dose in order to switch to yet another one, Fluoxetine (Prozac), in a couple of weeks.
Anyone had any experience of Prozac good or bad?
I was fine on that some years ago though, also had seroxat and citalopram and sertraline.
 
After years off any antidepressants, I started back on Sertraline today. Last time I found it less effective for me than Citalopram, but that eventually turned me into a bit of zombie.

Back on the journey, looking forward to initial nausea and a chronic dry mouth!
 
After years off any antidepressants, I started back on Sertraline today. Last time I found it less effective for me than Citalopram, but that eventually turned me into a bit of zombie.

Back on the journey, looking forward to initial nausea and a chronic dry mouth!
I’ve been on sertraline about 4 years now. It’s not great at the start but gets better when they put you on a proper dose. I supplement with propranolol which helps
 
I'm going back 20 years but I had a spell on Mirtazipene and Citalopram, I liked Mirtazipene as it helped me sleep, Citalopram made me ill, but in a different direction from anxiety, my head buzzed like tinnitus, I couldn't think straight, I genuinely felt unwell so I went back on Mirtazipene for a short time, then stopped with antidepressants completely, 2 decades on and I realise I didn't need them at all but they're the first choice of a gp regardless of the impact on the patient.
 
Mirtazepine is nasty stuff. Gave me the most horrendous nightmares.

One I had a was beating up my boss at the time. Could feel the blood and everything. Text him in the morning to apologise and check he was ok.

Genuinely thought it had been real
 
After years off any antidepressants, I started back on Sertraline today. Last time I found it less effective for me than Citalopram, but that eventually turned me into a bit of zombie.

Back on the journey, looking forward to initial nausea and a chronic dry mouth!
Hope the initial side effects are minimal and the Sertraline does for you what you need it to MB. Keep us updated!
 
Still waiting for my Fluoxetine to kick in properly. Had a fucking nightmare coming off Effexor - I was expecting a challenge but it's knocked me sideways mentally and physically. Seems like my tapering (as guided by the Psychiatrist) was a hell of a lot more drastic and quicker than it should have been done. Hopefully through the worst of it now, but my Psych has royally pissed me off for ignoring me when I contacted her a couple of days ago desperately needing some Valium to level out short term. Finally got an escript off her today for 5 tablets! I could neck all 5 in one go and do a bloody 10km run! Gonna go to a doc tomorrow and try to get some more and then sod the Psych off.
 
Mirtazepine is nasty stuff. Gave me the most horrendous nightmares.

One I had a was beating up my boss at the time. Could feel the blood and everything. Text him in the morning to apologise and check he was ok.

Genuinely thought it had been real
I was given about 3 days worth of sleeping pills once, I only took one, I was awake practically all night and saw a spider the size of a chest of drawers run across the wardrobe. I didn’t take any more 🤣
 
The more people you chat with the more it becomes clear that antidepressants are quite common and not as people wrongly think are only for lunatics. Grief and depression and worry and being down crush people and literally ruin their lives. Sadly there is not a one hat fits all medication and it's trial and error with meds to get to the right one at the right strength. Once you get one that is doing you some good then life can begin to turn around and the fog can lift and you can see more clearly.
Being down is a cruel illness that creeps up on you. But it can be tackled. Just persevere with meds and get the balance right and above all talk to someone...anyone... Don't keep it in to yourself. We are here to help anyone anytime and at least point you in the right direction.
You are not alone. ❤️
 
I was given about 3 days worth of sleeping pills once, I only took one, I was awake practically all night and saw a spider the size of a chest of drawers run across the wardrobe. I didn’t take any more 🤣
Do you still have them and if so can you post them to me please? 😅
 
I was given about 3 days worth of sleeping pills once, I only took one, I was awake practically all night and saw a spider the size of a chest of drawers run across the wardrobe. I didn’t take any more 🤣
Not uncommon, Despite take Sleeping Pills and many others, I seem to be away most the night. Then I fall a sleep around 2-4am, have some weird don't make fucking sense Dreams, Wake up 8am-10am feeling shitty but can't get back to sleep. I swear they giving Energy Pills at night. Well im off to piss the Wife off, by doing some DIY Jobs. 🤣 Bike needs the Gears and Chain Oiling and Wheels cleaning.
 
Back
Top