Skip to main content

January 2027 - Transfer Rumours and Discussions

January 2027 - Transfer Rumours and Discussions

Liam Gibbs looks like a poor man’s Alan Browne rather than a McCann replacement, which suggests he was a panic buy when the Browne deal fell through - the fact that it was completed several hours before the deadline rather than very last minute lines more up with it being Browne that wouldn’t shift on his contract length rather than Sunderland holding out on the deal
Gibbs is only a loan deal, it hasn’t been publicised where it’s season loan or only until January, I suspect it’s the latter with the intention of him going back and us signing Browne in the next window.
 
Can we cancel all the loans in January?

I'd keep Wiley if he proves he's not made of glass, but the rest... squad filler.
Only if the parent clubs agree. And given we decided to waste our loan spots on two players that the parent clubs desperately didn’t want, they’re very unlikely to take them back early
 
Can we cancel all the loans in January?

I'd keep Wiley if he proves he's not made of glass, but the rest... squad filler.

Yeah, wasn't convinced by Erabi at the time but outside of a good goal at Bolton and SOME good hold up play I've yet to change my opinion. Maybe there is a useful player there but jury is very much out for me. Probably better than Smith, but that's a low fucking bar.

Burgzorg...again works hard but never going to score enough. Highly unlikely to be coached to a higher ceiling at his age.

Wiley...looked quality first game. Shaky second game and now disappeared. A familiar tale. The only one who genuinely looks like he raises the quality of the team.

Gibbs...just an absolutely nothing signing. Doesn't look like a useless player and thought he played alright against Lincoln, but to waste a loan spot on him is a disgrace. What a difference between signing Armstrong and him on loan a year apart.

Need some magic for that fifth slot in January.
 
Just a question, I presume that after the Jan window clubs will have to re register their squad.

If they want to sign two or three players and they are already on 25 they could just leave two or three off the list and register the new ones.

This would leave them paying three players who they couldn't play, probably wasn't going to play anyway, they would have to keep paying them or agree a pay off, it would be costly, but if it saved the club from relegation it would be worth it.

Don't know if that is possible?
 
Just a question, I presume that after the Jan window clubs will have to re register their squad.

If they want to sign two or three players and they are already on 25 they could just leave two or three off the list and register the new ones.

This would leave them paying three players who they couldn't play, probably wasn't going to play anyway, they would have to keep paying them or agree a pay off, it would be costly, but if it saved the club from relegation it would be worth it.

Don't know if that is possible?
The players who are OoC next summer - Hughes, Lindsay, Potts, Thompson - are vulnerable come January imo.

Thompson does have a +1 with his deal whilst both Hughes and Potts have a rumoured but unconfirmed possible +1 on their deals.
 
Yeah, wasn't convinced by Erabi at the time but outside of a good goal at Bolton and SOME good hold up play I've yet to change my opinion. Maybe there is a useful player there but jury is very much out for me. Probably better than Smith, but that's a low fucking bar.
I haven’t given up on Erabi yet from what I’ve seen, certainly not to the extent others have. But for a momentary lapse of concentration and being a split second late he’d already have 4 goals in 8. And his hold up play is good, we just bring him on so late that the runners around him are too fatigued to support him for layoffs.

He may turn out crap. But I’m still prepared to give him the time
 
I haven’t given up on Erabi yet from what I’ve seen, certainly not to the extent others have. But for a momentary lapse of concentration and being a split second late he’d already have 4 goals in 8. And his hold up play is good, we just bring him on so late that the runners around him are too fatigued to support him for layoffs.

He may turn out crap. But I’m still prepared to give him the time

Been some good signs there for sure. Early days and we've seen with Lang how quickly the numbers can suddenly turn around a little bit.

Doesn't look a bad player but also doesn't look like one that's going to drag us out of the mire either. Same with Burgzorg too tbh.

On those split second chances, how different things might look and feel had one of those gone in, and one of Kenny's gone in at the weekend.
 
I haven’t given up on Erabi yet from what I’ve seen, certainly not to the extent others have. But for a momentary lapse of concentration and being a split second late he’d already have 4 goals in 8. And his hold up play is good, we just bring him on so late that the runners around him are too fatigued to support him for layoffs.

He may turn out crap. But I’m still prepared to give him the time

I did wonder if he was playing with a bit of an injury niggle given that we had nobody else to play up front at the time?

Think Erabi will be OK as a sort of bruising, hold-up #10 (I want to say like Jack King but I know that will get jumped on...) with Kenny doing the poaching and Erabi arriving late in to the box for headers from balls out wide. Lang then being the other option for fresh legs around/instead of him later on.
 
I haven’t given up on Erabi yet from what I’ve seen, certainly not to the extent others have. But for a momentary lapse of concentration and being a split second late he’d already have 4 goals in 8. And his hold up play is good, we just bring him on so late that the runners around him are too fatigued to support him for layoffs.

He may turn out crap. But I’m still prepared to give him the time
The shouts to trigger the buy option after like two games were a terrible shout mind. As bad as us giving extensions to Keane and Potts because of interest.

Think people sometimes like to try and say such big judgement statements like that as early as possible so then they can bring it up later if they were "right".
 
Back
Top