Skip to main content

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

On the outgoings side, Murphy has been anonymous at Oxford with only 2 appearances. And Matt Hudson went to Buxton and incredibly still can't get a game, he is 2nd choice
 
Might be unpopular but Andy Carroll in for Ched Evans as a plan b option causes chaos with Brady whipping them in.
You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.

Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.

Wages however...another story.
 
You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.

Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.

Wages however...another story.
Personally I'm still laughing! 😉

I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.
 
Personally I'm still laughing! 😉

I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.
Carroll also didn’t cover himself in glory the last time he was at deepdale?

27CFFE75-9EDC-44C0-9DB9-42559A58302E.webp
 
Personally I'm still laughing! 😉

I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.
Oh I agree, my suggestion was knowing full well at the time that we were never going to actually spend some money on someone.

It was in anticipation that the window was likely to be a complete let down and we'd be relying on frees and those with questionable fitness.
 
You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.

Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.

Wages however...another story.
Question is will Carroll score more than Maguire 😉🤔
 
Well the verdict seems to be that Maguire looked sharp for the reserves this week and might be worth putting on the bench on Saturday though at the expense of and not in addition to Evans. Riis and Parrott have to continue as the first choice strike partnership - there really isn't an alternative - and O'Neill needs to be third choice. Sure O'Neill is young but the only way he will gain experience is by being played.
 
I wonder if players read the forum. I bet seany doesn't even want to bother lol.. I think he will score a few this season. Shit situation but got to have hope

If they do then they shouldn't.

Maguire always works hard and I have never doubted his commitment but had he not been injured I would have suspected he would be been let go this summer to make room for a new signing. Not his fault but excuse me if I don't get excited about the return of yet another non goal scoring striker.
 
If they do then they shouldn't.

Maguire always works hard and I have never doubted his commitment but had he not been injured I would have suspected he would be been let go this summer to make room for a new signing. Not his fault but excuse me if I don't get excited about the return of yet another non goal scoring striker.
Nah you're bang on in what you're saying.
I'd be tempted to look at the forum if I was a player. I'd probably make a snide profile and big myself up.
 
Back
Top