On the outgoings side, Murphy has been anonymous at Oxford with only 2 appearances. And Matt Hudson went to Buxton and incredibly still can't get a game, he is 2nd choice
Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2018
- Messages
- 11,485
You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.Might be unpopular but Andy Carroll in for Ched Evans as a plan b option causes chaos with Brady whipping them in.
Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.
Wages however...another story.
Thracia
Club Owner, or wingback, depending on your view
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2011
- Messages
- 30,692
Personally I'm still laughing! 😉You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.
Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.
Wages however...another story.
I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.
To be honest.. most of us have ended up in Blackpool and enjoyed the nightlife there at some time or other....it is just the football club and some of its supporters we have a problem with.He could end up at Blackpool, he would love the nightlife there !
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2004
- Messages
- 8,882
Carroll also didn’t cover himself in glory the last time he was at deepdale?Personally I'm still laughing! 😉
I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.

- Joined
- Mar 20, 2018
- Messages
- 11,485
Oh I agree, my suggestion was knowing full well at the time that we were never going to actually spend some money on someone.Personally I'm still laughing! 😉
I think signing Carroll would underline how this summer's transfer window was a complete failure. Another costly, non-robust old stager to add to the list because we couldn't get deals done.
It was in anticipation that the window was likely to be a complete let down and we'd be relying on frees and those with questionable fitness.
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2021
- Messages
- 10,120
Question is will Carroll score more than Maguire 😉🤔You all laughed at me at the time but I still don't think it would be a bad option.
Keeping him fit is the question but we haven't done too badly with Brady so far.
Wages however...another story.
It’d be hard not to, saying that seems like our other strikers can’t eitherQuestion is will Carroll score more than Maguire 😉🤔
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2018
- Messages
- 11,485
I'm confident I would to be fair, so that would be a resounding yes for big Andy.Question is will Carroll score more than Maguire 😉🤔
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2008
- Messages
- 7,013
I think he would , when he’s on the pitch , how often that will be is the problem. Plus his wages as well . Don’t think there’s any chance of it happening.Question is will Carroll score more than Maguire 😉🤔
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2021
- Messages
- 10,120
Soon be January 😂Keep clicking on this thread thinking I’ve missed our new striker signing 😆
Well the verdict seems to be that Maguire looked sharp for the reserves this week and might be worth putting on the bench on Saturday though at the expense of and not in addition to Evans. Riis and Parrott have to continue as the first choice strike partnership - there really isn't an alternative - and O'Neill needs to be third choice. Sure O'Neill is young but the only way he will gain experience is by being played.
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2022
- Messages
- 2,978
He hasn't played in a while so it'll be like a new signing to be fair.Can’t believe we’re being reduced to Maguire once again 🙄
Yes.He hasn't played in a while so it'll be like a new signing to be fair.
A shit one.
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2022
- Messages
- 2,978
I wonder if players read the forum. I bet seany doesn't even want to bother lol.. I think he will score a few this season. Shit situation but got to have hopeYes.
A shit one.
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2021
- Messages
- 10,120
Maybe he is classed as one lolHe hasn't played in a while so it'll be like a new signing to be fair.
I wonder if players read the forum. I bet seany doesn't even want to bother lol.. I think he will score a few this season. Shit situation but got to have hope
If they do then they shouldn't.
Maguire always works hard and I have never doubted his commitment but had he not been injured I would have suspected he would be been let go this summer to make room for a new signing. Not his fault but excuse me if I don't get excited about the return of yet another non goal scoring striker.
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2022
- Messages
- 2,978
Nah you're bang on in what you're saying.If they do then they shouldn't.
Maguire always works hard and I have never doubted his commitment but had he not been injured I would have suspected he would be been let go this summer to make room for a new signing. Not his fault but excuse me if I don't get excited about the return of yet another non goal scoring striker.
I'd be tempted to look at the forum if I was a player. I'd probably make a snide profile and big myself up.