We buy and keep if promoted or buy then sell on for a much higher fee in the window as we have develped him, like wht a lot of European clubs do. No brainer really.
Confirmed Alfie Devine joins on a Season Long Loan (Option to Buy included).
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
- Joined
- Jan 29, 2019
- Messages
- 53,152
Another assist. Keep turning that screw ladSomeone upstairs is going to start getting a bit twitchy soon. 2G and an assist already in 5 games
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2015
- Messages
- 169
Know its been said, we need to sign break our transfer record at the end of this season
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2020
- Messages
- 1,636
Prefer Sam greenwood...
Attachments
- Joined
- Feb 19, 2011
- Messages
- 670
What a luxury to be able to bring this lad on yesterday at 1-0. With how the game was going, you just knew he would have chances to get on the ball and impact the game.
No idea what the situation will be come the end of the season, but it would be a great coup if we could sign him permanently.
No idea what the situation will be come the end of the season, but it would be a great coup if we could sign him permanently.
Yesterday showed the crucial dfference between Devine and Dobbin. Make no mistake Dobbin is an exciting player who can create opportunities for himself through his agility and pace. Devine can do so as well but he has a much greater awareness of the situation around him and so can create opportunities for other players. In short Devine makes the whole team more effective.
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2013
- Messages
- 5,098
Is this a serious comment?Prefer Sam greenwood...
- Joined
- Jun 8, 2004
- Messages
- 4,696
Is this a serious comment?
No, no it's not.
I detected the sarcasm immediately 😂No, no it's not.
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2016
- Messages
- 13,245
No chance unfortunately unless we get promoted. We can offer whatever we want but he’ll want to play higher than the Championship.Know its been said, we need to sign break our transfer record at the end of this season
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2022
- Messages
- 7,364
Prefer Sam greenwood...
And Ben Woodburn
Joking aside, what an upgrade we have now than in the Woodburn, Greenwood daysAnd Ben Woodburn
I can only hope any takeover rumours/murmurings are true so we can chuck some cash to get him signed up permanently. A brilliant prospect.I think that option is going to make this the hardest loanee ever to say goodbye too.
He’s a joy to watch. So so good
Can only dream.
I'm sure get shot down in flames here but...
Does anyone think he is worth the alleged fee of £4.5m?
Because so far, I think that fee is overpriced by around £2m.
We cannot, under the paltry budget allowed by these owners, spunk it all on one player.
Unless of course a new owner with a generous wallet arrives.
He has some talent but I'm unsure if he is what we need, especially at that price. Yes, I know it's a pittance for nearly every other Championship Club.
I'm torn on this one.
Bulletproof Vest applied.
Does anyone think he is worth the alleged fee of £4.5m?
Because so far, I think that fee is overpriced by around £2m.
We cannot, under the paltry budget allowed by these owners, spunk it all on one player.
Unless of course a new owner with a generous wallet arrives.
He has some talent but I'm unsure if he is what we need, especially at that price. Yes, I know it's a pittance for nearly every other Championship Club.
I'm torn on this one.
Bulletproof Vest applied.
No i see your point. Hes decent yes but the fee imo is too high. However, if he goes on to score 10-15 then perhaps its not too high. Whats he on now ? 4? .I'm sure get shot down in flames here but...
Does anyone think he is worth the alleged fee of £4.5m?
Because so far, I think that fee is overpriced by around £2m.
We cannot, under the paltry budget allowed by these owners, spunk it all on one player.
Unless of course a new owner with a generous wallet arrives.
He has some talent but I'm unsure if he is what we need, especially at that price. Yes, I know it's a pittance for nearly every other Championship Club.
I'm torn on this one.
Bulletproof Vest applied.
U think the option is irrelavent anyway, not a chance we will pay 4.5m. He will end up at West Brom or Sheff Utd
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2019
- Messages
- 4,946
We aren’t paying it anywayI'm sure get shot down in flames here but...
Does anyone think he is worth the alleged fee of £4.5m?
Because so far, I think that fee is overpriced by around £2m.
We cannot, under the paltry budget allowed by these owners, spunk it all on one player.
Unless of course a new owner with a generous wallet arrives.
He has some talent but I'm unsure if he is what we need, especially at that price. Yes, I know it's a pittance for nearly every other Championship Club.
I'm torn on this one.
Bulletproof Vest applied.
- Joined
- Jan 5, 2021
- Messages
- 6,535
He’s good. Finds himself outside the width of the box too much for my liking, as a result of our system.
He wasn’t as aggressive in the press last night, but the team wasn’t as a whole. Purposely, imo, to try and stop their minimise their Japanese lads finding the pockets. Didn’t work - we ended up getting caught in between.
He wasn’t as aggressive in the press last night, but the team wasn’t as a whole. Purposely, imo, to try and stop their minimise their Japanese lads finding the pockets. Didn’t work - we ended up getting caught in between.
- Joined
- Sep 1, 2025
- Messages
- 510
This is how I saw it, then to he Jap upfront held it up nicely and Lindsey couldn't cope, the worst kind of CF play for him to defend against.He’s good. Finds himself outside the width of the box too much for my liking, as a result of our system.
He wasn’t as aggressive in the press last night, but the team wasn’t as a whole. Purposely, imo, to try and stop their minimise their Japanese lads finding the pockets. Didn’t work - we ended up getting caught in between.
Offiah looked inexperienced particularly second half too.
Hopefully we learn from it, time for Thompson to play.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.