Skip to main content

Confirmed Alfie Devine joins on a Season Long Loan (Option to Buy included).

Confirmed Alfie Devine joins on a Season Long Loan (Option to Buy included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a professional footballer so more then likely will be signing for the team who pays him the most whether it is Swansea, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Sheffield United. Location probably comes into it if all offers are equal. Players tend to have a house locally to where they are from as a base long term bit will play here there and anywhere
Wrexham fans are keen on Parkinson going in for Devine and apparently the club are going to splash some cash this coming window ☹️
 
Well they can't do anything about it in this coming window as we have a buy option on him, so he's stuck here till the summer at least.
My lad, daughter—in-law and 5 year old granddaughter are staying with us till 2nd Jan. My lad is a big Spurs fan and was asking about Devine. He asked me where the ‘option to buy’ had come from so I showed him the article on PNE.net. He said that he had made enquiries since I told him about it early in the season, and everyone he has asked at the club, are denying any such agreement. I wonder who is right and who is wrong?
 
My lad, daughter—in-law and 5 year old granddaughter are staying with us till 2nd Jan. My lad is a big Spurs fan and was asking about Devine. He asked me where the ‘option to buy’ had come from so I showed him the article on PNE.net. He said that he had made enquiries since I told him about it early in the season, and everyone he has asked at the club, are denying any such agreement. I wonder who is right and who is wrong?

I'm going to go out on a limb and believe our official club communication over a Spurs fan.

I doubt it actually matters. We probably won't stump up the agreed fee, and Spurs will have a player tied down to a long term contract, fresh off the back of two impressive loan spells, with a host of big Championship and likely European clubs after him.

I'd be delighted to be wrong.
 
My lad, daughter—in-law and 5 year old granddaughter are staying with us till 2nd Jan. My lad is a big Spurs fan and was asking about Devine. He asked me where the ‘option to buy’ had come from so I showed him the article on PNE.net. He said that he had made enquiries since I told him about it early in the season, and everyone he has asked at the club, are denying any such agreement. I wonder who is right and who is wrong?
IMO a random fan and the staff at the club shop definitely knows more about the inner workings of transfer dealings than the club bringing the player in and signing the documents
 
I'm going to go out on a limb and believe our official club communication over a Spurs fan.

I doubt it actually matters. We probably won't stump up the agreed fee, and Spurs will have a player tied down to a long term contract, fresh off the back of two impressive loan spells, with a host of big Championship and likely European clubs after him.

I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Find any official Spurs source quoting the "option" then. Trust me, I've looked.
 
Wrexham fans are keen on Parkinson going in for Devine and apparently the club are going to splash some cash this coming window ☹️
They’ve literally just picked up on him playing well and suggested they should sign him. Why is that anything to be concerned about? Especially given the type of players Parkinson signs couldn’t be further from Devine’s profile
Is the £4.5m price tag just for us because of the loan?
Yes. If we don’t sign him they have free reign to charge what they like
 
Find any official Spurs source quoting the "option" then. Trust me, I've looked.

I had a look at their announcement of the loan out of interest before posting. It is interesting that it's not mentioned, but perhaps they felt it wasn't particularly important.

It would make much less sense for us to announce it if it didn't exist. I'd expect that Spurs would have told us to remove it if we were lying about it.
 
My lad, daughter—in-law and 5 year old granddaughter are staying with us till 2nd Jan. My lad is a big Spurs fan and was asking about Devine. He asked me where the ‘option to buy’ had come from so I showed him the article on PNE.net. He said that he had made enquiries since I told him about it early in the season, and everyone he has asked at the club, are denying any such agreement. I wonder who is right and who is wrong?
From the main Spurs correspondent.

1000023184.jpg
 
Find any official Spurs source quoting the "option" then. Trust me, I've looked.
You don’t need to. It’s rarely mentioned by clubs loaning a player out


It’s typically only the loaning club that mentions it, which we have

 
You don’t need to. It’s rarely mentioned by clubs loaning a player out


It’s typically only the loaning club that mentions it, which we have


Standard RiddyLeak.

The exact fee is unconfirmed but thought to be in the region of the £1.5million agreed by Greenwood’s previous loan club, Middlesbrough.

"The decision on that will be in two people's hands and that's the manager here and Sam's hands,” Ridsdale told the Lancashire Post.
“The Leeds promotion, or otherwise, is not a complicating factor* because all of that's been taken into account in the numbers that have already been agreed between us and Leeds..."

*And then, in subsequent interviews, it was.

 
He's done really well this season. Right loan move for his career.

I would've taken Jamie Donley in the summer and he's barely got a kick at Stoke even in their poor recent run.

Devine comfortably in the 4-5m category as per the potential signing clause.

Of course the club will probably come up with all sorts of creativity reasons not to pursue but think Devine would be well up for coming here permanently given the location and sure he's enjoying being a major attacking part of team just outside top 6.

If he'd gone somewhere like Leicester he'd probably be warming the bench now.
 
Norwich City fans are now wanting Dobbin back with them given their new owner has said money will be made available for the January window:
Do you think there's any chance we might go back for Dobbin as a permanent signing. Only on season long lone at Preston (and I think there bubble has burst). Showed what we're missing when we played them and EFL ready.
Juggling balls. Given the position we are in we cannot afford to waste the January fixtures, that said often not a good time to buy and needs to be the right signings. That is why I would go for Dobbin I know he would cost about £5m but proved himself this season. I doubt Preston could afford that fee and he could slot in straight away
I’d love us to go for Dobbin and not sure why we didn’t in the summer. £5m would surely seem a bargain to MA given what he has wasted on the likes of Jurasek, Forson (and possibly kvistgaarden?).
 
Norwich City fans are now wanting Dobbin back with them given their new owner has said money will be made available for the January window:
Not our problem, he’ll be gone in the summer because we definitely can’t afford him. But Villa won’t recall him whilst he’s thriving because if he replicates his form in the second half of the season then his valuation will be at least back to what they signed him for, realistically it’ll be over 10m given what Philogene went for with those numbers

They couldn’t afford him in the summer after he scored 1 goal, why would they afford him in the always inflated January window when he’s got 10 goal contributions in 19 games
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top