Interesting take from a Bradford fan on how Alexander will set up, definitely don’t agree with his choice of striker that’s for sure.
I actively avoid clickbait titles/thumbnails, but I think this is a decent video and the lad obviously knows what he’s talking about when it comes to how GA sets up.
He’s got the back 3, Clarke and the 2 CM’s spot on imo. I think a lot of our fans, myself included, have predicted those players playing in those roles since we got the green light from Bradford last week.
There’s some rogue shouts in there as well though 😅 I certainly wouldn’t be starting Burgzorg, let alone popping him up front as a lone frontman, nor would I be shoehorning Mills into LWB, but it’s interesting to hear the comparison he’s made to Tyreik Wright. That may be one to watch out for down the line, but I don’t see Alexander taking that big of a risk from the offset. Though where Mills best fits into the team is still up debate and remains to be seen until we’re back in action.
Personally, I think we’ll go -
Iversen
Offiah - Storey - Gibson
Clarke ———————————————- Vuk
Leroy - Thompson
Devine - Moran
Kenny
Moran is obviously much more suited/comfortable with that role in attacking midfield, and while I can’t see Alexander not trying to mould Mills into a more versatile player that can play there, especially at 22, popping out of position from the jump might not be wise. I can’t see him jumping the gun with that, but wouldn’t be surprised all the same if he did get plonked more centrally down the line, if not out wide.
Should we not have Vukcevic fit, it’s hard to look past Small or Hughes as the alternative at LWB, which makes me wince a little as things stand. Who knows, GA could be the making of Small, but the WB experiment hasn’t been a success as of yet.
Clarke doesn’t necessarily strike me as completely suiting a bomb up and down, out and out WB role either, but I think he’s got some of they key qualities needed to adjust and will pick up the pace in that regard.
Bolton raised concerns about Kenny operating as a lone frontman, but he’s the best we’ve got and was brilliant (albeit greedy) in our last game, so. That’s a no brainer for me.