don’t forget that he has never managed in the Championship…
Neither has Robbie Keane.
don’t forget that he has never managed in the Championship…
Had Moyes managed at first team level, before us ?don’t forget that he has never managed in the Championship…
Same with signing players Ando.I think it shows that we aren’t as appealing that we think we are anymore and can’t attract the
first choice managers that we would like..
We had to lower our expections…
It really is irrelevant now Ando, GA/CL are in place they are our new management team,they need the full backing and support of all North Enders from the off.
I think it shows that we aren’t as appealing that we think we are anymore and can’t attract the
first choice managers that we would like..
We had to lower our expections…
I agree, but the moaners will only be on here or other online platforms. Any decent against GA & CL in the stadium will be isolated and shut down quickly by those around them.I wager for this team he is the best appointment to galvanise the turn-around needed. The doomsayers will be baying for blood if we lose against Millwall, but I just have a hunch on reflection he and CL are exactly the right partnership and anchored relationship for the Job
I love the way so many are desperate to state "GA wasn't my first choice but I'll back him"
(a) nobody gives a shit whether you support the appointment or not;
(b) loads of you covering your arses for if it doesn't work out, pathetic really;
(c) even more guesswork and lies presented as the truth;
(d) i don't need a (d), because (a), (b) and (c) are so fucking on point
Graham's been treated quite shabbily by PNE once before, and some of the comments on here over the past week have been embarrassing.
Plus, Bradford to Preston really isn't a "huge step up"! 🙄
A lot of managers have never managed at this level.
Doesn't make them poor. It means they haven't yet had the opportunity.
Just like a lot of managers have never managed in The Prem, too.
Like, for example to the two above, Regis le Bris at Sunderland.
The current squad is much better than what Heckingbottom got out of it.
Iversen, Clarke, Offiah, Storey Gibson Wiley, Vukcevic, McCann, Leroy, Devine, Mills, Kenny, Lang is the makings of a good first XI for this level if Grezza can find the right system.
Mills, Devine, and Kenny has massive potential.
The options on the bench are also better than most seasons over the past decade. Plenty of Championship experience in Hughes, Potts, Thompson, Burgzorg, etc, and I wouldn't write off Erabi.
Whereas Alex Neil had to rely on utter shite from Ireland and useless L1 punts that were nowhere near the level. Grayson's options were just as bad.
No. He worked his way through the ranks as a player with us as captain, coach, assistant and then manager. That was his first management job. He knew he was never going to be a top player so got his coaching badges early in his playing career. As someone else said, he didn’t do too badly after leaving us.Had Moyes managed at first team level, before us ?
I am trying to stay positive.I can't help thinking, what if after two weeks watching and training the squad, Alexander and Lucketti come up with the same conclusion as Heckingbottom that Storey, Lindsey and Hughes are his best back three and they don't have anyone half good enough to play wing back.
Hope the forum is set up to cope with the ensuing seismic nuclear sized reaction. 🤣
100% agree. I also wonder if Penrose actually had major influence here. Ie If Keane was in the running - who is to say that he might not have been the first choice in the final reckoning. Ie I’d rather have the Alexander /lucketti duo, than Keane and an unknown deputy. And if Keane was not selected but known to be in the running, you’d be better getting your own publicity machine to put gloss on the reasons for rejection . Just my hunchAbsolutely.
I think a Robbie Keane type may possibly do well if taken on by a Burnley or equivalent Team with recent premier Division players.
But, in respect of PNE:-
He obviously didn't fancy it - or back himself to do anything with a lower struggling outfit.
He's a 'Parker' type Manager, might look ok in hindsight based on the Teams he wangles to Manage.
Case in point - look how good Neil Lennon's management career looks (via Celtic) - yet very few in the EFL would take him!!
I think Alexander & Lucketti will prove to be a much better practical option.
Winning draws!So both teams lost then. 😂
My thoughts exactly, weve seen in periods of games that this group of players are more than capable.The current squad is much better than what Heckingbottom got out of it.
Iversen, Clarke, Offiah, Storey Gibson Wiley, Vukcevic, McCann, Leroy, Devine, Mills, Kenny, Lang is the makings of a good first XI for this level if Grezza can find the right system.
Mills, Devine, and Kenny has massive potential.
The options on the bench are also better than most seasons over the past decade. Plenty of Championship experience in Hughes, Potts, Thompson, Burgzorg, etc, and I wouldn't write off Erabi.
Whereas Alex Neil had to rely on utter shite from Ireland and useless L1 punts that were nowhere near the level. Grayson's options were just as bad.
They areMy thoughts exactly, weve seen in periods of games that this group of players are more than capable.
Thankfully , I’ve got one coming up on Saturday 👍🏻👍🏻You need to chill mucker, think you need a holiday. 😉
Oh I will definitely get behind them 👍🏻👍🏻It really is irrelevant now Ando, GA/CL are in place they are our new management team,they need the full backing and support of all North Enders from the off.
Get behind them and the team they select we need to start winning games and quickly and a positive ,loud and proud Deepdale can only help.👍😀
I agree …… we have some talented lads and that’s why it was very frustrating that Heckingbottom couldn’t get a tune out of them.The current squad is much better than what Heckingbottom got out of it.
Iversen, Clarke, Offiah, Storey Gibson Wiley, Vukcevic, McCann, Leroy, Devine, Mills, Kenny, Lang is the makings of a good first XI for this level if Grezza can find the right system.
Mills, Devine, and Kenny has massive potential.
The options on the bench are also better than most seasons over the past decade. Plenty of Championship experience in Hughes, Potts, Thompson, Burgzorg, etc, and I wouldn't write off Erabi.
Whereas Alex Neil had to rely on utter shite from Ireland and useless L1 punts that were nowhere near the level. Grayson's options were just as bad.