Could at home, just not away.He did but unfortunately he couldn't manage them.
Best football I've seen from a PNE team at this level was under Brown. Organisation and grinding out results wasn't his thing.
Could at home, just not away.He did but unfortunately he couldn't manage them.
I think there’s a lot of revisionism going on with Craig Brown. He was a nice bloke who seemed to understand the business of football well and he had a good eye for a player but his results were mediocre and his football too often insipid and directionless.
He paved the way for what was to come but he wasn’t a great coach or manager for us on the pitch by any measure.
I seem to remember he got badly injured for us ......made a good recovery......then Very Soon afterwards fecked off to Stoke City 😥 at PNE's Hospital Bill expense.Fuller also got injured and missed a chunk of CB's first season I think so that meant results tailed off as with respect Andy Smith and Pawel Abbott were the replacements....
Giving his Hull City mate a great ' £golden £handshake'. A right pair, them two.True but some managers did both aspects badly. I will always be scathing of Phil Brown particularly for his signing of Ashbee.
It was obvious Craig Brown should have been simply "shunted" upstairs where he would have made the perfect 'buyer' / Chief Scout/ Wheeler-dealer, a bit like the Brian Clough & Peter Taylor partnership.He did but unfortunately he couldn't manage them.
Trevor Hemmings and Maurice Lindsay have to take a major chunk of responsibility for this, bad as Ferguson was.Cannot believe Ferguson isn’t comfortably last.
Bloke took what was generally a better-than-average Championship football club and turned it into one of the worst in the league.
Gross misuse of club funds. Betrayed the trust put in him.Giving his Hull City mate a great ' £golden £handshake'. A right pair, them two.
The news broke on the way down to the Aston Villa cup match in late Autumn. 5-0 defeat, Adam Eaton, demoralised and we went nowhere after that.I seem to remember he got badly injured for us ......made a good recovery......then Very Soon afterwards fecked off to Stoke City 😥 at PNE's Hospital Bill expense.
I think there’s a lot of revisionism going on with Craig Brown. He was a nice bloke who seemed to understand the business of football well and he had a good eye for a player but his results were mediocre and his football too often insipid and directionless.
He paved the way for what was to come but he wasn’t a great coach or manager for us on the pitch by any measure.
No better than anyone else.Craig did the recruitment part of his job well.
I'll disagree here - Mawene, Davis, O'Neill, Lewis were all class additions. Really added to what we had.No better than anyone else.
His scouts turned up a couple of good ‘uns and he signed some useless Scottish hasbeens that he’d coached when they were younger.
And Andy Smith.
And Marlon Broomes.
I'll disagree here - Mawene, Davis, O'Neill, Lewis were all class additions. Really added to what we had.