Skip to main content

Safe standing.

Safe standing.

Poll Poll Do you support the introduction of a safe standing area at Deepdale?


  • Total voters
    164
All of that is pretty much incorrect but I respect your right to be wrong.

You have a hissy fit every time someone questions any actions of our supporters. WE (that's all of us) need to take some responsibility with regards to the atmosphere. If that fact upsets you then so be it. Why would I use things to "beat the fans?" I'm one of them.

Read the original thread, the team get the crowd up for games and the crowd can help the team get through games or back into games. It's a two way street at every level of football. You must have heard of the legendary Anfield crowd in midweek European matches and the magic of it. I know you've supported this team and followed football for many years but if you've not grasped that concept yet then you never will.

Who are you to decide who is right and who is wrong and what anyone’s responsibilities are that is arrogant. You are another apologist for nothingness and then blame the people paying to attend for shite management. The magic of Europe is a ridiculous comparison, we can’t even have the magic of winning the second division (which realistically is what it is) or even a game to get to a quarter final cup game, and this has been a 62 year stance for us, but you expect us to celebrate like Liverpool. You are deluded if you think that will happen for us.
 
This needs to happen and I am sure a lot of fans would be happy to contribute to a crowd funding to help fund it.

We are so chalk & cheese, away from home superb, everyone stands and really gets behind the team. I am starting to wonder if a lot of our away support don't bother with home games?

We really need to galvanise the "away" support into one area of the ground & safe standing is absolutely the answer.

The home atmosphere is as bad as I've ever known it, as mentioned above even at 2-0 against Norwich the town end just sits back down into silence....so frustrating.
 
Who are you to decide who is right and who is wrong and what anyone’s responsibilities are that is arrogant. You are another apologist for nothingness and then blame the people paying to attend for shite management. The magic of Europe is a ridiculous comparison, we can’t even have the magic of winning the second division (which realistically is what it is) or even a game to get to a quarter final cup game, and this has been a 62 year stance for us, but you expect us to celebrate like Liverpool. You are deluded if you think that will happen for us.

I'm getting the impression you've not cheered up yet.

If you think the atmosphere at the Norwich game was good then you are wrong. If that makes me arrogant then so be it.
 
I'm getting the impression you've not cheered up yet.

If you think the atmosphere at the Norwich game was good then you are wrong. If that makes me arrogant then so be it.

Well it was certainly better than you said. By the way seeing as you and your supporters are so unhappy why don’t you make an atmosphere yourselves instead of complaining about everyone else, if it was so quiet then surely we would have heard you and the people giving the likes to your post. Never heard any of you, maybe practice what you preach eh.

Oh and no I haven’t cheered up.
 
Well it was certainly better than you said. By the way seeing as you and your supporters are so unhappy why don’t you make an atmosphere yourselves instead of complaining about everyone else, if it was so quiet then surely we would have heard you and the people giving the likes to your post. Never heard any of you, maybe practice what you preach eh.

Oh and no I haven’t cheered up.

If you read any of my posts you'll see that I am taking responsibility and saying that maybe I can do better. I've always used a collective "we," when talking about supporters. Never once pointed a finger at others which I haven't pointed at myself. You just seem to take these posts personally. Not my problem.

The game is no longer bringing you any joy Joan. I think I've said it before but I don't know why you bother any more. But as you replied to me last time I said it, that's up to you and none of my business. I just want you to be happy though 😉
 
This needs to happen and I am sure a lot of fans would be happy to contribute to a crowd funding to help fund it.

We are so chalk & cheese, away from home superb, everyone stands and really gets behind the team. I am starting to wonder if a lot of our away support don't bother with home games?

We really need to galvanise the "away" support into one area of the ground & safe standing is absolutely the answer.

The home atmosphere is as bad as I've ever known it, as mentioned above even at 2-0 against Norwich the town end just sits back down into silence....so frustrating.

It’s been excellent in the quite recent past which shows it is not impossible to fix
 
If you read any of my posts you'll see that I am taking responsibility and saying that maybe I can do better. I've always used a collective "we," when talking about supporters. Never once pointed a finger at others which I haven't pointed at myself. You just seem to take these posts personally. Not my problem.

The game is no longer bringing you any joy Joan. I think I've said it before but I don't know why you bother any more. But as you replied to me last time I said it, that's up to you and none of my business. I just want you to be happy though 😉

Well when you have done better is the right time to find fault with everyone else before then makes you and other whingers hypocrites.

I will defend my fellow fans and Prestonians to the death, you are damned right I take it personally. You might like to think about the fact that whilst you and other fans moan and complain about each other there will never be a unity. There will be those like you who think they have the right to tell everyone how to behave at a match you didn’t pay for and those that roll their eyes at insistence we all keep singing whilst never winning the big prize or, even any prize at all.
 
Birmingham have their safe standing in the bottom rows of the stand
This needs to happen and I am sure a lot of fans would be happy to contribute to a crowd funding to help fund it.

We are so chalk & cheese, away from home superb, everyone stands and really gets behind the team. I am starting to wonder if a lot of our away support don't bother with home games?

We really need to galvanise the "away" support into one area of the ground & safe standing is absolutely the answer.

The home atmosphere is as bad as I've ever known it, as mentioned above even at 2-0 against Norwich the town end just sits back down into silence....so frustrating.

You've answered the question - we are all stood with our mates/like minded people whereas at Deepdale we are all spread out. I also imagine the fact that most of us start drinking at stupid o'clock for a lot of away games helps to contribute to the noise.
 
For me, the two key things that have changed the atmosphere on games;

Allocated seating, so you can't ad-hoc group up with mates and start songs together like you sort of unofficially can on away games

The tannoy blasting out chart shite unnecessarily loud pre-match so you don't have people trying out new chants like in the old Town End terracing days.

The atmosphere doesn't build anymore, it's a bombardment through the speakers of Top 40 nonsense for an hour, a "light show" and then it cuts to silence when the game kicks off.
 
Well when you have done better is the right time to find fault with everyone else before then makes you and other whingers hypocrites.

I will defend my fellow fans and Prestonians to the death, you are damned right I take it personally. You might like to think about the fact that whilst you and other fans moan and complain about each other there will never be a unity. There will be those like you who think they have the right to tell everyone how to behave at a match you didn’t pay for and those that roll their eyes at insistence we all keep singing whilst never winning the big prize or, even any prize at all.

I'm now convinced you're not reading any of my posts.

I definitely paid to get on that game Joan. I don't know what you're on about anymore.
 
For me, the two key things that have changed the atmosphere on games;

Allocated seating, so you can't ad-hoc group up with mates and start songs together like you sort of unofficially can on away games

The tannoy blasting out chart shite unnecessarily loud pre-match so you don't have people trying out new chants like in the old Town End terracing days.

The atmosphere doesn't build anymore, it's a bombardment through the speakers of Top 40 nonsense for an hour, a "light show" and then it cuts to silence when the game kicks off.

We do have a serious lack of chants for our players as well.
 
For me, the two key things that have changed the atmosphere on games;

Allocated seating, so you can't ad-hoc group up with mates and start songs together like you sort of unofficially can on away games

The tannoy blasting out chart shite unnecessarily loud pre-match so you don't have people trying out new chants like in the old Town End terracing days.

The atmosphere doesn't build anymore, it's a bombardment through the speakers of Top 40 nonsense for an hour, a "light show" and then it cuts to silence when the game kicks off.

What doesn't help pre match is the bombardment of safety and be nice messages.

Messages about vaping, smoking, not standing, texting to report stuff, then a video on what a nice club we are.

The music is way too loud pre match too.

What doesn't help is the slow drudge of the players to the STFS for the handshakes.

I assume this is due to the cameras but would be a hell of a lot quicker infront of the IPS.

There are so many little things that could be done differently.

I have no issue with the light stuff but not that alone.
 
We do have a serious lack of chants for our players as well.

That's sort of my point though.

Without the deafening choonz pre-match, fans used to make the atmosphere. Songs were improvised based on whoever was warming up closest...

Those now split up groups of mates tried chants as banter, some worked, some bombed but by kickoff people already knew the words....
 
The tannoy blasting out chart shite unnecessarily loud pre-match so you don't have people trying out new chants like in the old Town End terracing days.

I don't know if its just me getting older, but the tannoy seems a lot louder this season, much louder than it needs to be, it should be a background sound so you can have a chat before the game, its not a nightclub
 
That's sort of my point though.

Without the deafening choonz pre-match, fans used to make the atmosphere. Songs were improvised based on whoever was warming up closest...

Those now split up groups of mates tried chants as banter, some worked, some bombed but by kickoff people already knew the words....

I actually think most of these chants are created at away games, heard loads over the years that start in the pub and then carry on I to the ground.

This is what the Gentry Bar COULD have been for but with their obscene pricing strategy it won't become that.

All these early kick offs and grounds in car showroom areas doesn't help with that.

The music doesn't need to be turned off but a lot lower.
 
I'm now convinced you're not reading any of my posts.

I definitely paid to get on that game Joan. I don't know what you're on about anymore.

you obviously don’t read mine, I said you don’t buy the tickets of those you accuse of not making enough noise to suit you. You are the one on a flight of fancy thinking we should be celebrating nothing like Liverpool fans winning in Europe!
 
I actually think most of these chants are created at away games, heard loads over the years that start in the pub and then carry on I to the ground.

This is what the Gentry Bar COULD have been for but with their obscene pricing strategy it won't become that.

All these early kick offs and grounds in car showroom areas doesn't help with that.

The music doesn't need to be turned off but a lot lower.

We tried going in The Gentry Bar but the live music in there was deafening. It was impossible to even just have a chat. Not sure if that's changed?
Granted the club tried something by putting on entertainment but they now need to react to what supporters want from a pre-match muster point like that.
 
Back
Top