Skip to main content

Crowd Performance

Crowd Performance

Libertine

Thick Nomark
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
10,402
Location
Costa Del Leylando
Thought the crowd was really flat tonight. Played some really nice football for the first 20 minutes but even at 2-0 up you could hear a pin drop. It’s often been said that the players have a responsibility to get the crowd up and vice versa. Well tonight at 2-0 I think we let the players down. The terraces actually seemed nervy and as the half wore on that seemed to visibly transmit onto the pitch.

I’d be a bit gutted if I was Hecky.
 
Thought the crowd was really flat tonight. Played some really nice football for the first 20 minutes but even at 2-0 up you could hear a pin drop. It’s often been said that the players have a responsibility to get the crowd up and vice versa. Well tonight at 2-0 I think we let the players down. The terraces actually seemed nervy and as the half wore on that seemed to visibly transmit onto the pitch.

I’d be a bit gutted if I was Hecky.
Fully agree with that. Last 20 or so minutes every misplaced pass or poor touch was met with pretty loud groans. Groan all you want if we’re getting dicked, but at 2-2 when the game could go either way, think it’s worth offering more encouragement.
 
Thought the crowd was really flat tonight. Played some really nice football for the first 20 minutes but even at 2-0 up you could hear a pin drop. It’s often been said that the players have a responsibility to get the crowd up and vice versa. Well tonight at 2-0 I think we let the players down. The terraces actually seemed nervy and as the half wore on that seemed to visibly transmit onto the pitch.

I’d be a bit gutted if I was Hecky.

Agree an I think you could add the Watford game onto that too.
I think we helped get the lads over the line against Coventry but other than that, not great.
The decibels need raising an more frequently
 
Yeah atmosphere today and Saturday was absolutely awful. Never gonna change at Deepdale though until we get an actual dedicated singing section as close to the away fans as possible.

Whilst I agree in part. It will only change with sustained promise and momentum in the league.
Was at Sunderland last year and we outsung 40000 of them in a 0-0
Think I heard them once.

Don’t fall for that ‘football in a library’ bollocks. Loads of grounds are like that these days.
 
Some good songs for players would help

Aiden McGeady chant
Daniel Johnson song
Alan Browne
All need switching to new players.

And swap some of the Blackpool ones to the old
Oh What a night
Back in August
On a Monday night
Tommy… etc


By the way, there are 2 Different first lines in Wise Men Say…
Why the frig do people start with the second one and repeat it? 🤣
 
Really disappointing from the crowd tonight especially when everyone knows how it lifts the team. We had a drummer there tonight but he was quiet. The club really need to look at ways of enhancing the atmosphere, tonight was unacceptable really. Norwich were fairly quiet themselves but had every reason to mock our support.
The team noticeably improved when we did raise the volume but that also coincided with our bad miss and their equaliser.
 
Whilst I agree in part. It will only change with sustained promise and momentum in the league.
Was at Sunderland last year and we outsung 40000 of them in a 0-0
Think I heard them once.

Don’t fall for that ‘football in a library’ bollocks. Loads of grounds are like that these days.

I saw a Facebook reel yesterday which claimed that 3,000 Chelsea fans outsung 55,000 Liverpool fans, it happens …

Home atmospheres are never as good as aways….

Unless you are Blackpool of course , better fans than Dortmund, apparently….
 
I sit in the middle, half way up the Town End.
I’m 57.
My dad is 84.
On nights like tonight we make more effort than 99% of people around us.


Around ten years ago we got a lot of player songs going and has some that plenty of folk joined in. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that that coincided with a few years of progress on the pitch under Grayson.


That said, there was also a bit of creativity and intelligence up in the top corner of the Town End at that time. Is it still there waiting to come out again?
 
I saw a Facebook reel yesterday which claimed that 3,000 Chelsea fans outsung 55,000 Liverpool fans, it happens …

Home atmospheres are never as good as aways….

Unless you are Blackpool of course , better fans than Dortmund, apparently….

I watched the Liverpool/United derby at Anfield when Mourinho was manager. Midweek under the lights, hyped for weeks. Bit of singing along to YNWA before the match then they sat down in silence once the ref blew for kick off.

My lad still comments on it when people go on about Anfield.
 
I think scoring “too early” can cause most home football crowds to go flat. Not all the time- but I think a strong correlation.

Maybe because there’s a bit of complacency kicks in… and when the away side get possession, it feels like an affront. And tonight, the away side certainly got a lot of possession! So I am not sure I’d blame the Preston’s crowd tonight. Can happen anywhere.
 
Yet another thread and associated comments on what others could and should be doing - pack it it eh?

JK sorts the flags, I know from experience he gets very little support with this - and he's probably given up asking for help.

Chants - we can all make up a ditty, whether it be good bad, indifferent, or would cost the club in non pc fines. Give it a go, something might snag.

Basically I'm trying to say there are too many threads and comments where folks are expecting some great atmosphere to land on their laps. As fans we're a collective, if something happens we should all feel a part of it.

Stop looking for others to sort, make it happen yourself.
 
Yeah atmosphere today and Saturday was absolutely awful. Never gonna change at Deepdale though until we get an actual dedicated singing section as close to the away fans as possible.

How many other clubs actually have this though? I'm genuinely interested and not trying to be an argumentative Arthur.
 
Yet another thread and associated comments on what others could and should be doing - pack it it eh?

JK sorts the flags, I know from experience he gets very little support with this - and he's probably given up asking for help.

Chants - we can all make up a ditty, whether it be good bad, indifferent, or would cost the club in non pc fines. Give it a go, something might snag.

Basically I'm trying to say there are too many threads and comments where folks are expecting some great atmosphere to land on their laps. As fans we're a collective, if something happens we should all feel a part of it.

Stop looking for others to sort, make it happen yourself.

No finger pointing from me in my OP, I know it's all of our responsibility.
"Well tonight at 2-0 I think we let the players down."
 
Back
Top