Found the video of the Bradford fan saying Appleton would rather do coaching instead.
Confirmed Graham Alexander New Manager, Chris Lucketti as Assistant
- Joined
- Jan 29, 2019
- Messages
- 53,090
And no need for a tattoo to commemorate the occasionStill based around here I think. Seen him up town a couple of times.
Isn't it his lad that still goes on the Town End regularly which upset the dribblers up the road?
Possibly. I know he used to have the Saddle Inn in Lea/ Salwick, so maybe lives round there.And no need for a tattoo to commemorate the occasion
Isn't it his lad that still goes on the Town End regularly which upset the dribblers up the road?
Tbh I still think he'd have kept us up. It was really his sacking and Brown that relegated us.Ferguson is a funny one, because I also had one of my best nights ever watching us under him (6-4 win at Leeds).
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2016
- Messages
- 13,237
It was his sacking and then his cunt of a dad cancelling the loans and telling Pulis to do the same. He was a fucking abysmal manager and we'd have 100% gone down.Tbh I still think he'd have kept us up. It was really his sacking and Brown that relegated us.
Billy's curious tactics of playing a team with (was it 4 or 5 ? ) strikers on the Deepdale Floodlit-blackout night second-leg Semi V Lids Utd when poor Ormerod was chopped.can't forgive BD for shitting the bed in the playoff final against a bang average West Ham team, changing a winning side tactically and ending up with 5 strikers on the field that mustered 1 shot on target in 90 minutes.
I believe one of the players was 'banned'/ dropped by Billy for a disciplinary offence. (who? - I've forgotten....but I wouldn't have dropped him ! )
Relating also, that I had a ticket issue for that game & was in the old ( now demolished ) temporary offices about 10-15 minutes before the K.O. - and who should be there instead of motivating the players in the dressing room ? Odd. Odd too that he was on his own in the dugout when those lights went off.
What a dreadful evening.
Billy's curious tactics of playing a team with (was it 4 or 5 ?) strikers on the Deepdale Floodlit-blackout night second-leg Semi V Lids Utd when he also dropped a player for a disciplinary issue (who? ). Billy's being in the now-demolished Admin. Block 15 minutes before k.o. instead of giving his team verbal support. Billy on his own in the dugout in a very dark Deepdale instead of giving his team verbal support. Billy coming out with "Job done" instead of " Job half done"......all this coming on top of Ormerod s broken leg and Blackwell's thuggish tactics & a soft ref.can't forgive BD for shitting the bed in the playoff final against a bang average West Ham team, changing a winning side tactically and ending up with 5 strikers on the field that mustered 1 shot on target in 90 minutes.
My second worst Deepdale night EVER after seeing us lose 0-3 to Blackpool in 1969.
Last edited:
Jarrett?Billy's curious tactics of playing a team with (was it 4 or 5 ? ) strikers on the Deepdale Floodlit-blackout night second-leg Semi V Lids Utd when poor Ormerod was chopped.
I believe one of the players was 'banned'/ dropped by Billy for a disciplinary offence. (who? - I've forgotten....but I wouldn't have dropped him ! )
Relating also, that I had a ticket issue for that game & was in the old ( now demolished ) temporary offices about 10-15 minutes before the K.O. - and who should be there instead of motivating the players in the dressing room ? Odd. Odd too that he was on his own in the dugout when those lights went off.
What a dreadful evening.
Job done.Billy's curious tactics of playing a team with (was it 4 or 5 ? ) strikers on the Deepdale Floodlit-blackout night second-leg Semi V Lids Utd when poor Ormerod was chopped.
I believe one of the players was 'banned'/ dropped by Billy for a disciplinary offence. (who? - I've forgotten....but I wouldn't have dropped him ! )
Relating also, that I had a ticket issue for that game & was in the old ( now demolished ) temporary offices about 10-15 minutes before the K.O. - and who should be there instead of motivating the players in the dressing room ? Odd. Odd too that he was on his own in the dugout when those lights went off.
What a dreadful evening.
Yeah ..if there's any phrase guaranteed to motivate the opposition - this is it.Job done.
Yeah ..if there's any phrase guaranteed to motivate the opposition in a 2-legged fixture - this is it.
Preston North End - Alexander: 'The biggest thing is commitment' - BBC Sounds
North End boss Graham Alexander on his non-negotiables
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2004
- Messages
- 28,286
![]()
Preston North End - Alexander: 'The biggest thing is commitment' - BBC Sounds
North End boss Graham Alexander on his non-negotiableswww.bbc.co.uk
He does speak very well.
Really, really hope he's a success.
Every player with their back turned?
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2018
- Messages
- 1,325
What a great listen. His passion for the game, and for North End, shines through. He sounds humble as well as inspirational. I'm very sad I can't be there on the 10th but I know, in my heart, there will be many great times ahead with Grezza at the helm. Never doubted this team, Hecky lost his way with them. Can't see that happening with Grezza and Chris.He does speak very well.
Really, really hope he's a success.
To be fair , it looks like they are just about to set off on a sprint drill….Every player with their back turned?
- Joined
- Sep 16, 2025
- Messages
- 380
Facing the right way during training drillEvery player with their back turned?
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2011
- Messages
- 8,586
I wasn't keen at first, but he grew on me. First season he got us safe, after Simpson was taking us down. Second season, play offs, although I thought he got his tactics/selection badly wrong at Bramall Lane. Was surprised when he was sacked.He was fucking dour.
I didn't want him from Day One.