Skip to main content

Opinions

Opinions

True.
In the real world there is no mute or ignore button but you still have a choice and like you say it's more about self control and making the right decisions. Obviously, some people are better at this than others. On-line, this choice is available and there to be used and Ignoring said posters and one in particular has made the online experience much more enjoyable since returning to the forum.
Who?

Who?
 
No names but one's a right smarmy individual and the other I think is permanently pissed and calls everyone a C.nt if they dare disagree or have an alternative opinion to his.
Smarmy, not used that in ages.
That's tomorrow's challenge sorted. Find a reason to call somebody smarmy.
 
Disagree with that - in the real world, if I don't like somebody, I tend to stop interacting with them. It's the same online.
Disagree / Dislike
It feels like the two have become quite interlinked in recent years
I find myself constantly informed and educated by people who disagree with me, often resulting in a change of my opinion.
Should that mean I dislike them if they are quite vociferous in their manner ?
 
Disagree / Dislike
It feels like the two have become quite interlinked in recent years
I find myself constantly informed and educated by people who disagree with me, often resulting in a change of my opinion.
Should that mean I dislike them if they are quite vociferous in their manner ?
For me there is no interlinking - I love different opinions (I live in Greece where debating in tavernas is the national sport) and don't dislike someone for having them. If I don't like someone, whether I agree with their opinions or not, I see no reason to interact with them, offline or online.
 
Disagree / Dislike
It feels like the two have become quite interlinked in recent years
I find myself constantly informed and educated by people who disagree with me, often resulting in a change of my opinion.
Should that mean I dislike them if they are quite vociferous in their manner ?
There's nothing wrong with disagreement, it's great for discussion.
I draw the line when it turns to being called a T and C by some faceless keyboard warrior.
 
Spot on…..

There are several posters on here whos comments repeatedly irritated me so I chose to put them on ignore so that I don’t have to read them…..

I’m sure that I’m on loads of people’s ignore lists because they are fed up of my stories 🤣🤣
I am a great believer that people have the right to manage their personal space online in the same way as they do offline. Never used the ignore button but simply stopped interacting with people I had little time for - life is too short!
 
I am a great believer that people have the right to manage their personal space online in the same way as they do offline. Never used the ignore button but simply stopped interacting with people I had little time for - life is too short!
Aah!, cheers Sepp.
I guess that means you love me really. 😄
 
No names but one's a right smarmy individual and the other I think is permanently pissed and calls everyone a C.nt if they dare disagree or have an alternative opinion to his.
Aaah, Edgy and Ando eh?

Bit harsh like but everyone is entitled to their opinion
 
I am a great believer that people have the right to manage their personal space online in the same way as they do offline. Never used the ignore button but simply stopped interacting with people I had little time for - life is too short!
I wondered why you hadn't interacted with me for a while !!!
 
There's nothing wrong with disagreement, it's great for discussion.
I draw the line when it turns to being called a T and C by some faceless keyboard warrior.

When you turn to name calling and insults you have lost the Argument. Which is why everyone thinks im a C*nt, 🤣 🤣 🤣
 
Back
Top