Skip to main content

Team v Will Still’s (?) Saints

Team v Will Still’s (?) Saints

I'd start (assuming no Gibbo but Andy is available):
Andy-Hughes-Storey-Offiah-Small.

Then If Andy isn't fit enough for 90 bring on Lindsay and alter the back 5 to suit with Lindsay seeing out the game (when hopefully their pacey strikers are tired and we are hopefully seeing out the game).
 
Dobbin has had a bit a run out at WB the other week, when we were chasing a game, assuming none of the lads are back fit id expect
DI
Storey, Lindsay, Hughes
Dobbin, Whitman, Armstrong, Small
Devine
Smith, Jebbo

strong starting 11 but not much to change defensively from the bench.
 
Vuk & Gibson will be late fitness tests
No McCann till after international break
Pol returned to training this week
Thompson isn’t far away. Probably won’t be risked
Potts and Keane back late November

And with another 3 games in 8 days session then we should expect squad rotation, but I hope it doesn’t mean the weird teams like the WBA and Brum selections.

I can’t see him risking any player to rush them back, but might make better options on the bench for late run outs ready for the next 2 games.
 
Vuk & Gibson will be late fitness tests
No McCann till after international break
Pol returned to training this week
Thompson isn’t far away. Probably won’t be risked
Potts and Keane back late November
How can Keane injure himself so badly during a pre-season friendly half-time warm up?
 
Vuk & Gibson will be late fitness tests
No McCann till after international break
Pol returned to training this week
Thompson isn’t far away. Probably won’t be risked
Potts and Keane back late November
Brady not even worth mentioning hes so far away?
 
Vuk & Gibson will be late fitness tests
No McCann till after international break
Pol returned to training this week
Thompson isn’t far away. Probably won’t be risked
Potts and Keane back late November
Can’t imagine Gibson will feature. He looked certain he’d done something serious
 
It's literally a conversation about what to do in Gibson's absence as that's what you replied to, and you said an alternative could be to play Storey in the middle and Offiah at RCB, so I was just asking who'd you play at wing back then given that alternative?

The question occurred to me as I wrote the original post. As I've subsequently said my guess is that this Saturday we will see Lindsay continuing in the middle of the defence with Offiah at right wing-back a position in which he is defensively competent but of limited effectiveness as an attacker. If the defence suffered further any further absences such that Offiah had to start there then we really would have to invent a new right wing-back out of nowhere - of the currently available squad maybe Thordarson could fill in and I have no doubt Devine could make a success of the attacking side of the role. But anything we tried would be an improvisation.
 
The question occurred to me as I wrote the original post. As I've subsequently said my guess is that this Saturday we will see Lindsay continuing in the middle of the defence with Offiah at right wing-back a position in which he is defensively competent but of limited effectiveness as an attacker. If the defence suffered further any further absences such that Offiah had to start there then we really would have to invent a new right wing-back out of nowhere - of the currently available squad maybe Thordarson could fill in and I have no doubt Devine could make a success of the attacking side of the role. But anything we tried would be an improvisation.
Please no.

If Vukcevic is injured, the best option would be to play a back three of Hughes, Lindsay, Storey and then Offiah at RWB. It's not ideal, but there's no need to overcomplicate it.
 
Please no.

If Vukcevic is injured, the best option would be to play a back three of Hughes, Lindsay, Storey and then Offiah at RWB. It's not ideal, but there's no need to overcomplicate it.

I was speculating about what we might have to do if we suffered another defensive injury such that we had no choice but to play Offiah in the back three - which is where he should be in any case. But I expect that we will start this Saturday with the formation you suggest which presuming both Vukcevic and Gibson will be absent will be about as good as we can manage.
 


*We’ll be plummeting down the table as we go*

I feel betrayed by the media team

Could see this coming a mile off.

First team squad can beat anyone at home and I’d fancy us to go away most places and give them a game.

But a few injuries and it starts to look bleak. The defence is now so thin, that we’re looking at the dreaded Storey-Lindsay-Hughes line up and Offiah still shunted out of position to RWB.

Hopefully we can simply score more than the opposition but with Milly still not being fully ready and having to manage Small, Dobbin and Devine’s game time over three quick fire games, I’m not overly confident.
 
Back
Top