Skip to main content

Team v Wolves.

Team v Wolves.

Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
7,137
Not sure what the record is for mass changes in team line up from successive league games under PH but this will beat whatever that tally is.

I can see about 7 changes to what we saw today easily.

Goes without saying that Erabi and Leroy have to start as they'll be big parts of the new era. Not sure if Clarke has been playing much for Ipswich in pre season so his fitness could be issue especially with the medical but if he's o.k to play an hour then again it's a comfortable selection ahead of Pol.

Gibson and perhaps Offiah back so that is a must as they will surely give Jimenez a start.

Then we'll see if Mills turns up next week or if there's another signing as rumoured with the Liverpool kid.

Was actually shocked how bad Wolves were on Friday so while they'll surely be top 6 by May they could easily have a slow start like Ipswich did last season.

Not a good look for PH shipping another 2-3 here so he needs to be picking the players who'll be at the club for next 2-3 years rather than the ones who've been putting in mediocre performances since 2020.
 
Hard to say yet as I’m hoping for a few more in but as it stands…

Iversen

Clarke
Storey
Gibson
Vukcevic

McCann
Leroy

Small
Devine
Burgzorg (I guess)

Erabi

6 changes from today. That’s why I wouldn’t panic just yet.
 
Realistically, I don’t think there will be many changes and I think he’ll go to a back 5 to avoid another negative result

With no new incomings

Iversen

Clarke Offiah Gibson Vuk

McCann Leroy

Lang Devine Burgzorg

Erabi

Erabi and Leroy have to start. Assuming Armstrong will start for Wolves so probably get away with that back 2 but Storey or Lindsay will have to come on when Jimenez does. Small probably needs another week and should start against Everton in the cup. McConnell on the bench because McCann will be needed for his defensive attribute. Dying for at least one winger and a LB
 
I would be inclined to drop McCann and play divine in the middle and have another attacking player on the pitch instead.
 
Iversen
Offiah, Storey, Gibson, Vukcevic
Leroy, McCann
Small, Devine, Burgzorg
Erabi

I dunno though. Whilst I don't think he fancies Offiah at RB, I don't know if he will put Clarke straight in.

He will probably find room for Lang honestly.
 
Iverson
Clarke Offiah Gibson Vuk
McCann
Leroy
Small Divine Osmajic
Erabi


I actually thought Osmajic was unlucky today, did well to get into goalscoring positions and probably should have scored.
 
Iverson
Clarke Offiah Gibson Vuk
McCann
Leroy
Small Divine Osmajic
Erabi


I actually thought Osmajic was unlucky today, did well to get into goalscoring positions and probably should have scored.
He should have had two and was caught offside far too many times….but at least he didn’t get sent off.
 
Easier to list those who shouldn’t be starting next week:
Pol
Lindsay
Hughes
Storey
Thompson
Lang
Burgzorg
Osmajic

The higher the number of these that start, the more depressed I’ll be. 😏
 
The local jurno Ross Chapman has given the starting line up between 4.5 and 5.5.
This must be near enough a record low mark but I would have gone with a 3.5 to 4.5 starting line up mark.
 
Hard to say yet as I’m hoping for a few more in but as it stands…

Iversen

Clarke
Storey
Gibson
Vukcevic

McCann
Leroy

Small
Devine
Burgzorg (I guess)

Erabi

6 changes from today. That’s why I wouldn’t panic just yet.

That's the exact team I was going to suggest.
 
Back
Top