I think the atmosphere reflects our all set up within the club.....a totalitarian stale and unimaginative approach headed by the dinosaur one size fits all PR.. another reason to replace Ridsdale with a more modern dynamic and imaginative person to try and address this kind of issue, co-operation goes such a long way and forms a real bond with the fans..... something i feel has not happened since the Baxi, Bryan Grey, Tony Scholes days. The only thing i think we can all agree on is nearly all home atmosphere s are terrible....why on the whole i prefer away games.... happy with the point, onwards and upwards.
Crowd Performance
Thought the crowd was really flat tonight. Played some really nice football for the first 20 minutes but even at 2-0 up you could hear a pin drop. It’s often been said that the players have a responsibility to get the crowd up and vice versa. Well tonight at 2-0 I think we let the players down. The terraces actually seemed nervy and as the half wore on that seemed to visibly transmit onto the pitch.
I’d be a bit gutted if I was Hecky.
I think the crowd are stunned with seeing us attack and actually playing football with passion compared to the dross that was served up by the previous 2 managers.
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2018
- Messages
- 10,344
I sit in the middle, half way up the Town End.
I’m 57.
My dad is 84.
On nights like tonight we make more effort than 99% of people around us.
Around ten years ago we got a lot of player songs going and has some that plenty of folk joined in. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that that coincided with a few years of progress on the pitch under Grayson.
That said, there was also a bit of creativity and intelligence up in the top corner of the Town End at that time. Is it still there waiting to come out again?
Think I’m in the same area as you , try your best but it’s like a morgue
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2018
- Messages
- 10,344
Yeah atmosphere today and Saturday was absolutely awful. Never gonna change at Deepdale though until we get an actual dedicated singing section as close to the away fans as possible.
Great idea and much needed.
Someone would probably be offended by the chants though .
How many other clubs actually have this though? I'm genuinely interested and not trying to be an argumentative Arthur.
Shouldn’t that be argumentative Alfie ? 😂
I sit in the middle, half way up the Town End.
I’m 57.
My dad is 84.
On nights like tonight we make more effort than 99% of people around us.
Are you in Block AE Mersey ??
- Joined
- Nov 22, 2017
- Messages
- 87
I may have mentioned this before, but at Loftus Road a couple of seasons ago we had 10 mins of sustained pressure in their half matched with constant singing and noise. It clearly lifted the players, and when Cannon eventually scored I firmly believe the away end should have been credited with the assist! At 2-2 last night, the players need the belief they can go on and win, and the crowd can definitely contribute to that.
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2019
- Messages
- 5,014
Maybe the 3pm k.o's we have coming up will make a bit of a difference 🤔
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2012
- Messages
- 10,068
Are you in Block AE Mersey ??
AF about row 26
Behind our left hand goalpost
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2012
- Messages
- 10,068
I may have mentioned this before, but at Loftus Road a couple of seasons ago we had 10 mins of sustained pressure in their half matched with constant singing and noise. It clearly lifted the players, and when Cannon eventually scored I firmly believe the away end should have been credited with the assist! At 2-2 last night, the players need the belief they can go on and win, and the crowd can definitely contribute to that.
Heckingbottom commented on it in a previous game when we did the same.
AF about row 26
Behind our left hand goalpost
You might just be out of listening reach of my seat Mersey….
Block AE Row 15
Maybe the 3pm k.o's we have coming up will make a bit of a difference 🤔
I agree with this .
I guess 12-30 Kick Offs and night matches will restrict the beer consumption, which must lend itself to increased volume in the stands
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2021
- Messages
- 10,120
I agree with this .
I guess 12-30 Kick Offs and night matches will restrict the beer consumption, which must lend itself to increased volume in the stands
Night games always are impacted prob by folk at work or finish late 12.30 is not the best kick of time either. It's why football should be 3pm or 5.30. You can't beat 3pm games.
wanted to record that for a 1st time ref he was very good last night.... must find out who he is.....
You might just be out of listening reach of my seat Mersey….
Block AE Row 15
Small mercies
Big wins
There is a little room near me in the quiet coach
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2012
- Messages
- 10,068
You might just be out of listening reach of my seat Mersey….
Block AE Row 15
I’m loud
wanted to record that for a 1st time ref he was very good last night.... must find out who he is.....
William James Finnie.
Will Finnie - Stats
Diese Seite liefert eine Übersicht über alle Einsätze des Schiedsrichters Will Finnie in der Saison 24/25 inklusive der gezeigten Karten und der gegebenen Elfmeter.
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2018
- Messages
- 10,344
You might just be out of listening reach of my seat Mersey….
Block AE Row 15
Crikey I’m only three rows behind you 😆
Crikey I’m only three rows behind you 😆
Seat number ??