🖕I’ve heard Wayne Rooney would be brought in 😉
Club Takeover/Investment
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2007
- Messages
- 1,226
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2018
- Messages
- 201
I know, currently have that issue with the resale value of Range Rover's, very painfulIf he’s just bought a new one, he’ll be stung in more ways than one - we finance a number of new & used vehicles for our customers & the drop off on Range Rovers combined with insurance costs is genuinely eye watering
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
Shhhh, we're so lucky to have the Hemmings 'donations', or else we'd go out of existence. Nobody else would pick up a Championship club for free, obviously.
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2017
- Messages
- 2,885
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
Noticeable absence of the usual suspects providing ITK gems during the last window and in connection with this topic.
In that respect, I’d personally credit @JK’s positive comments as true ITK knowledge and belief.
Those give me hope.
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2004
- Messages
- 28,306
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
The fact that PR is actively saying the enquiries about the club are looking more serious is the only reason people are listening. There have been whispers for a while though.
- Joined
- May 14, 2025
- Messages
- 203
We need to pay to have this advertised near Deepdale.
Anyone know the going rate for billboards?
The snake is noted for speaking with forked tongue. He can sell freezers to eskimo's and used cars to teenage boy racers. Why then do I think all is not what it seems and even just a cover for failing to get a forward as well as sudden disappearing transfer funds.I’m curious why PR is releasing the information at this time when he could have done it sooner or later when a deal is agreed. He obviously knows how the fans are going to react.
I HOPE I'M NOT BEING TOO CYNICAL
Thracia
Club Owner, or wingback, depending on your view
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2011
- Messages
- 30,692
From the podcast pay-per-view section, Ridsdale on the academy - "We've given them an undertaking that by the start of - certainly within the next two seasons, maybe the next season - we will have the opportunity to have access to an indoor facility".
The opportunity to have access - well, how promising.
www.lep.co.uk
The opportunity to have access - well, how promising.
Peter Ridsdale: Preston North End's academy application, commitment and challenge
The Lancashire Post spoke to the PNE CEO this week after the close of the transfer window
- Joined
- May 8, 2004
- Messages
- 18,973
I think George has done a very good job. He had to ask these questions after the way that window went, and he has done it, and fast too.
Ridsdale for his part has done more than just give him the usual flannel - though there are still plenty of prime Peterisms in there to enjoy.
Totally agree. George has really grown in confidence against him. Seemingly nothing off limits and doesn't give a fuck if he pisses him off (or knows even questioning of the Lord and Master will anyway).
Great interview that. Like catching an eel with your bare hands.
Cant see this making much difference really, but got to hope it stops the likes of Morecambe and Wednesday owners killing clubs
www.bbc.co.uk
Independent Football Regulator: Proposals in place to 'shut out rogue owners'
The Independent Football Regulator (IFR) announces plans for new owners' test to block 'rogue' individuals from buying football clubs in England.
The speed at which Farington has been built suggests that it really shouldn’t take as long as we’ve been led to believe. The basic dome should be ready for next year and the additional funding will improve it to an excellent standard.From the podcast pay-per-view section, Ridsdale on the academy - "We've given them an undertaking that by the start of - certainly within the next two seasons, maybe the next season - we will have the opportunity to have access to an indoor facility".
The opportunity to have access - well, how promising.
![]()
Peter Ridsdale: Preston North End's academy application, commitment and challenge
The Lancashire Post spoke to the PNE CEO this week after the close of the transfer windowwww.lep.co.uk
I know there’ll be differences in designs and requirements between sports but the overall concept must be similar.
- Joined
- Dec 13, 2021
- Messages
- 4,585
For what it's worth, I'd want Heckingbottom to stay under a new owner for many of the reasons others have outlined. It's interesting to think about what scenarios would happen if a new owner wanted a new manager though.
If they wanted to bring a new manager in immediately/very early in their reign, it'd most likely be because of some connections their chosen manager has with the new executives involved in the new ownership. It's like with Birmingham, Garry Cook, and their choice to appoint Rooney. I believe Garry Cook was involved in the two Kirchner bids (us and Derby) and in both instances there was talk of appointing Rooney as manager. Garry Cook eventually joined Birmingham with their new owners and a couple months later they appointed Rooney. It's worth paying attention to whatever executives/directors get appointed.
The other thing to bear in mind is that it's unlikely that they'd appoint someone who is currently in a job in the Championship (unless they were at a club under restrictions from the EFL) I'd imagine. Unless we became one of the richest teams in the league with one of the biggest transfer budgets, I'm not sure why a manager would leave a QPR or the like considering we don't have amazing infrastructure for this level. It wouldn't really be a step up for them. Plus I think the best managers at this level are already at the bigger clubs. Even if we look at managerial pedigree, as Heckingbottom has already got a promotion from this level to his name, his reputation is arguably better than most. It would have to be some weird thing like with Hull where the owner wanted to bring in as many people who'd worked in the Turkish leagues as possible.
Ultimately, I think if a new owner was to appoint someone already in a job, they'd probably be from a league abroad but most likely they'd appoint someone currently without a club. The ideal choice if they do want to appoint someone without a club is probably Danny Röhl although, as I said, I still don't think they should sack Heckingbottom anyway.
If they wanted to bring a new manager in immediately/very early in their reign, it'd most likely be because of some connections their chosen manager has with the new executives involved in the new ownership. It's like with Birmingham, Garry Cook, and their choice to appoint Rooney. I believe Garry Cook was involved in the two Kirchner bids (us and Derby) and in both instances there was talk of appointing Rooney as manager. Garry Cook eventually joined Birmingham with their new owners and a couple months later they appointed Rooney. It's worth paying attention to whatever executives/directors get appointed.
The other thing to bear in mind is that it's unlikely that they'd appoint someone who is currently in a job in the Championship (unless they were at a club under restrictions from the EFL) I'd imagine. Unless we became one of the richest teams in the league with one of the biggest transfer budgets, I'm not sure why a manager would leave a QPR or the like considering we don't have amazing infrastructure for this level. It wouldn't really be a step up for them. Plus I think the best managers at this level are already at the bigger clubs. Even if we look at managerial pedigree, as Heckingbottom has already got a promotion from this level to his name, his reputation is arguably better than most. It would have to be some weird thing like with Hull where the owner wanted to bring in as many people who'd worked in the Turkish leagues as possible.
Ultimately, I think if a new owner was to appoint someone already in a job, they'd probably be from a league abroad but most likely they'd appoint someone currently without a club. The ideal choice if they do want to appoint someone without a club is probably Danny Röhl although, as I said, I still don't think they should sack Heckingbottom anyway.
Thracia
Club Owner, or wingback, depending on your view
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2011
- Messages
- 30,692
They don't have planning permission yet though - where are they planning to put this thing?The speed at which Farington has been built suggests that it really shouldn’t take as long as we’ve been led to believe. The basic dome should be ready for next year and the additional funding will improve it to an excellent standard.
I know there’ll be differences in designs and requirements between sports but the overall concept must be similar.
Judging by previous ‘efforts’ I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked Lancashire if they could borrow theirs!They don't have planning permission yet though - where are they planning to put this thing?
- Joined
- Sep 16, 2018
- Messages
- 2,896
Judging by previous ‘efforts’ I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked Lancashire if they could borrow theirs!
Well the current plan is to rent an existing location.
“It might have to be a two-stage approach. We might rent one from somewhere to allow us time to build our own, but we are committed to building our own. We're already talking to the council about a particular site that we have, and how quickly we could access that site to get one done. But we have formally applied now to increase the academy status from three to two.”
You wouldn't put it past the ownership to can kick for a while. "We're trying but the council aren't being responsive" etc. Even the renting could be cancelled kicked "we've tried contacting a few places but they aren't entertaining our offer".
But at least this looks like some form of progress. Perhaps an assessment might give any investors or the Hemmings a clear idea of what is needed. If they've applied for an upgrade too, that should mean they have something to show too.
Last edited:
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2004
- Messages
- 14,719
Well, he's got everyone talking about this now - hoping we'll forget about the club's negligence in not signing a striker.I’m curious why PR is releasing the information at this time when he could have done it sooner or later when a deal is agreed. He obviously knows how the fans are going to react.
AshleighC
Thread starter
- Joined
- Jan 29, 2012
- Messages
- 200
Well, apart from the very first words you wrote on this thread, when you said "Just to make it absolutely clear this is just a rumour I heard
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?
Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
Yes, yes you have.
🤦🏻♀️
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2004
- Messages
- 14,719
"We're already talking to the council about a particular site that we have", suggests Ingol or Springfields. I heard Ingol a few months ago. Neither would be ideal though, with the main training ground being at Euxton - where I assume there isn't room.They don't have planning permission yet though - where are they planning to put this thing?