Skip to main content

Club Takeover/Investment

Club Takeover/Investment

You wouldn't put it past the ownership to can kick for a while. "We're trying but the council aren't being responsive" etc. Even the renting could be cancelled kicked "we've tried contacting a few places but they aren't entertaining our offer".
I took from the whole thing that the ownership is not so much kicking the can as launching it out of a bazooka.

The whole piece presents the absurd position we are in, where we have this self-appointed "director of football and sporting director" who is the only guy - from among the manager, the players mentioned in the article, the fans, and the wider footballing world that has moved on from the days of Howard Wilkinson - who thinks upgrading to Cat 2 is basically a waste of time, and who is begrudgingly doing this against his professional judgment as a former sock retailer.

Because ultimately all these football people foolishly want to be in the Prem, while Peter clearly doesn't see the point of that.
 
I took from the whole thing that the ownership is not so much kicking the can as launching it out of a bazooka.

The whole piece presents the absurd position we are in, where we have this self-appointed "director of football and sporting director" who is the only guy - from among the manager, the players mentioned in the article, the fans, and the wider footballing world that has moved on from the days of Howard Wilkinson - who thinks upgrading to Cat 2 is basically a waste of time, and who is begrudgingly doing this against his professional judgment as a former sock retailer.

Because ultimately all these football people foolishly want to be in the Prem, while Peter clearly doesn't see the point of that.

Indeed, I wouldn't preclude that possibility.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's next year's excuse lined up.

"Look. Supports ask me all the time about the academy and we've ear marked part of the budget to go towards upgrading it. It's tough out there. The budget is the budget and I've been abused for putting it all towards the first team, but now I'm being abused for putting it towards the academy. What do supporters want?"

I'm just hopeful that we are actually going to see some movement.
 
If the rumour is true that there are enquiries being made from potential new owners then there’s no way the Hemmings will finance this.
It’s about as likely as them paying for the striker we needed.
Best we can hope for is sharing one for starters and planning agreed on one of our two potential sites for new owners to fund.

Yeah I don't realistically see the Hemmings financing this either.

Optomistically, I'm hoping the assessment is happening to make it clear to a new owner all the things they would need to do to upgrade the academy. That all of this is part of the sale. But Ridsdale has put plenty of padding in to justify it not happening if the sale doesn't happen, hence the possibile avenues for can kicking.

I feel if the Hemmings were serious about the academy they would already know what needs doing. They'd also up the budget as the academy upgrade is necessary but won't realistically pay off for at least half a decade or so.
 
Indeed, I wouldn't preclude that possibility.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's next year's excuse lined up.

"Look. Supports ask me all the time about the academy and we've ear marked part of the budget to go towards upgrading it. It's tough out there. The budget is the budget and I've been abused for putting it all towards the first team, but now I'm being abused for putting it towards the academy. What do supporters want?"

I'm just hopeful that we are actually going to see some movement.
I hope it's all just so they have something positive to show an incoming new owner re the academy - "see, we're already in advanced planning for Cat 2, all you'll have to do is, er, build and pay for it..."
 
So the tightest football club owners on the planet, who never spend any money and have a mouthpiece which has a track record of 'misleading' people, have not spent any money in the transfer window despite the mouthpiece suggesting it was available; and this is being taken to mean there are potential new owners in the offing?

Have I missed some ITK nugget along the way?
They're on track to spend/inject £11m so far, same as the previous two years (and the same as Blackburn's owners spent in the last two years).

May increase in Jan of course. Over £100m injected in total now.

(Not ITK info - it's in the accounts).
 
They're on track to spend/inject £11m so far, same as the previous two years (and the same as Blackburn's owners spent in the last two years).

May increase in Jan of course. Over £100m injected in total now.

(Not ITK info - it's in the accounts).
But the most recent accounts available are for 2023-24.

So where do you get this claim from: "They're on track to spend/inject £11m so far"
 
They're on track to spend/inject £11m so far, same as the previous two years (and the same as Blackburn's owners spent in the last two years).

May increase in Jan of course. Over £100m injected in total now.

(Not ITK info - it's in the accounts).
So not at the maximum allowed by ffp as you always falsely claim and nowhere near the £18/19m you claimed they would spend this season.
JUST STOP THIS NONSENSE.
 
Yes, yes you have.
🤦🏻‍♀️
The part that's confusing me is that the initial post back in April said that you'd heard an offer had been made for the club but Ridsdale's recent statements suggest that potential buyers have become interested as a consequence of our deal with the SpudBros and how we handled the Liverpool match. I know Ridsdale is a bit of a bullshitter but I can't really see the wood for the trees in terms of what is going on between the different nudges and winks from different rumours from a few folks on here and the Ridsdale interview. Not trying to be funny or owt but the discussions around potential new owners still seem a bit hazy to me.
 
The part that's confusing me is that the initial post back in April said that you'd heard an offer had been made for the club but Ridsdale's recent statements suggest that potential buyers have become interested as a consequence of our deal with the SpudBros and how we handled the Liverpool match. I know Ridsdale is a bit of a bullshitter but I can't really see the wood for the trees in terms of what is going on between the different nudges and winks from different rumours from a few folks on here and the Ridsdale interview. Not trying to be funny or owt but the discussions around potential new owners still seem a bit hazy to me.
Yeah, exactly - since this thread was posted, Ridsdale told us (in May) about buyer enquiries: "as we sit here today, none of them are at the table".

Then the Liverpool game and SpudBros sponsorship happened, and as a consequence Ridsdale now says "I'd say for the first time there have been people raising their heads above the parapet who, for once, may well lead to something. But I'm not going to suggest we're down the line."

So how do we even know the OP back in April was talking about the same people Ridsdale is now talking about here in September?
 
The part that's confusing me is that the initial post back in April said that you'd heard an offer had been made for the club but Ridsdale's recent statements suggest that potential buyers have become interested as a consequence of our deal with the SpudBros and how we handled the Liverpool match. I know Ridsdale is a bit of a bullshitter but I can't really see the wood for the trees in terms of what is going on between the different nudges and winks from different rumours from a few folks on here and the Ridsdale interview. Not trying to be funny or owt but the discussions around potential new owners still seem a bit hazy to me.
If I were pushed into a corner and had to make a choice who to believe I would say crack on AshleighC.
 
If I were pushed into a corner and had to make a choice who to believe I would say crack on AshleighC.

I am more than willing to apologise to AshleighC for any offence and they do deserve to crow if what they've been saying is correct.

But you can appreciate the skepticism, partly for the reasons outlined above but also due to the somewhat left field nature of this and just the stuff mentioned over the summer that appears to be wide of the mark, including:
- Attempting to buy Kesler-Hayden. Although this was later backtracked.
- Wrexham wanting Andy Carroll. North End wanting Andy Carroll. He is now in the National League South.
- Mads Frøkjær leaving
- Kuryu Matsuki signing
- Adedire Mebude and his brother

There's also the ambiguity over who is actually bidding on the club.
 
Last edited:
They're on track to spend/inject £11m so far, same as the previous two years (and the same as Blackburn's owners spent in the last two years).

May increase in Jan of course. Over £100m injected in total now.

(Not ITK info - it's in the accounts).

How much have they earned from building houses at Ingol?
 
The club won’t even provide the women’s team with kit or training gear, they lent them the academies kit and have asked for it back, I’ve been told

See this another thing I would like the new owners to take seriously. Women's football has been growing for the past few years and Preston has a good history with Women's football.
 
See this another thing I would like the new owners to take seriously. Women's football has been growing for the past few years and Preston has a good history with Women's football.
So do Doncaster Belles but it's a franchise dominated by the big clubs now.

The history means nothing as with the Premier League.
 
Moving to a CAT2 is the right move and probably highlights the club to potential buyers as a team progressing the right way.

Also if there is truth behind the lack of payments next summer for player incomings, could it be that we’ve paid off future payments earlier to have a clean slate as such for new owners if they came in this season.

Maximum wiggle room in the transfer window and an upgraded academy level must be a lot more enticing to the right buyer.
 
It was only short. 9-10 mins.

Confirmed application for Cat 2 academy has been made. Hoping to have access to indoor facility within next two seasons.

Expressed that he doesn't really understand what a fans forum achieves. Mentioned an "odd individual" whos initials he won't mention tells them how brilliant he is at running a football club. Assume those initials are AW. Paraphrasing of course but basically said the Ben Rhodes fan group thing is better.

He's happy with start to the season and says we'll have a much stronger squad when we come back from the break. Wouldn't read to much into it but said won't see Thompson for "a few weeks", mentioned Mads being back and Potts coming back as well as 3 "match fit" recent additions (Devine, Dobbin, Armstrong).

Interestingly no mention of Brady...perhaps that's a question that George could have asked.
If Brady has done his ACL then I don't think that we will see him this season....
 
Back
Top