Skip to main content

Confirmed Graham Alexander New Manager, Chris Lucketti as Assistant

Confirmed Graham Alexander New Manager, Chris Lucketti as Assistant

He also was quite happy for Graham Alexander to go to Burnley

I think he disputed this on From the Finney, Alexander was always a professional was never a problem. If I recall correctly he claimed it was Derek Shaw who pushed through that sale.

That being said, dropping Paul McKenna for Kevin Nicholls and Darren Carter was sack worthy.
 
I don't doubt his good intentions and passion but I wish I had £1000 for every PNE manager who's promised attacking football when they're first appointed, only to realise we don't have the budget to enable us play that way and revert to safety first. Maybe this time it will be different - we can only hope.
Attacking football preferably but failing that safety first that actually worked would be next best and an improvement on the Heckingbottom era.
 
I wasn't keen at first, but he grew on me. First season he got us safe, after Simpson was taking us down. Second season, play offs, although I thought he got his tactics/selection badly wrong at Bramall Lane. Was surprised when he was sacked.

Out of all the managers we've parted ways with this century, it was definitely the biggest surprise. I remember being quite shocked by it and I think there were some rumours it was at least partly due to the St Ledger-Boro situation.

That play-off semi final was awful. Comprehensively beaten and it was all downhill from there.
 
I stopped attending towards the end of Irvine's reign because the football was so shit, but he was definitely decent for a while in terms of results.

My main issue was the old, worthless shite on big contracts he lumbered us with. I still hate Paul Parry.
 
I think he disputed this on From the Finney, Alexander was always a professional was never a problem. If I recall correctly he claimed it was Derek Shaw who pushed through that sale.

That being said, dropping Paul McKenna for Kevin Nicholls and Darren Carter was sack worthy.
We were only offering Grezza a 1 year deal and he wanted two which Burnley offered and the rest is history. It was when we were in the process of signing Billy Jones.

At his age he had do what was best
 
We were only offering Grezza a 1 year deal and he wanted two which Burnley offered and the rest is history. It was when we were in the process of signing Billy Jones.

At his age he had do what was best
He was finished as a RB by then, but Simpson was too inept to realise he could be one of the best DMs in the league.
 
Obviously he'll get good will from the fans like know other...I just hope the players buy into him & not just think of him as a lower league manager who has been sacked by the likes of mk dons comin into a squad who perhaps think they're elite level championship players &/or know that perhaps he wasn't first choice (that's the cynical side of me)

In regards to the LEP article about playing exciting football & making the opposition defend more, pressing etc i just hope that isn't the
Paul Heckingbottom "I don't want to be stood bored on the touchline"
Or
The Thomas Tuchel "In previous tournaments England seemed reactive rather than proactive"
I live in hope 🙏
 
Don't mind you saying it in the slightest mate but when you remove the most interesting part of the forum ( current affairs) then it won't come as a big surprise that I won't be playing ball anymore 😉
Freedom of choice and all that but in fairness it is primarily a football forum and more specifically PNE. Amongst other things it is advert free. Drive me nuts on some forums when I have to navigate them.
 
He was finished as a RB by then, but Simpson was too inept to realise he could be one of the best DMs in the league.
Simpson was shocking. Was successful initially on the back of Davies' work ethics still ingrained in the squad. Simpson didn't like this and tried to change things. It was a disgrace not finishing in the play offs that season. Then the rot continued until Irvine came in.
 
Obviously he'll get good will from the fans like know other...I just hope the players buy into him & not just think of him as a lower league manager who has been sacked by the likes of mk dons comin into a squad who perhaps think they're elite level championship players &/or know that perhaps he wasn't first choice (that's the cynical side of me)

In regards to the LEP article about playing exciting football & making the opposition defend more, pressing etc i just hope that isn't the
Paul Heckingbottom "I don't want to be stood bored on the touchline"
Or
The Thomas Tuchel "In previous tournaments England seemed reactive rather than proactive"
I live in hope 🙏
The Players should have respect for a Manager who as a Footballer played in the Championship and higher in the Premier League. He's inherited a squad that is able to play attacking football. However there are two teams on the pitch.
 
Simpson was shocking. Was successful initially on the back of Davies' work ethics still ingrained in the squad. Simpson didn't like this and tried to change things. It was a disgrace not finishing in the play offs that season. Then the rot continued until Irvine came in.

Agreed. He deserves to be in the Lowe/ Heckingbottom bracket. Pure shit.
I hated him more than any other PNE manager in my 54 years as a fan. An ex Shitpool player too.
 
Give it a month
Let show some positivity !
I am more confident than I have been for many years on this appointment.
Because of all the negativity on the forum & also I came to the conclusion that most posters on here haven’t a flipping clue about picking a manager or buying players or running a football club.
That’s just my opinion & also the reason i think he will be a legend & in the top 3 managers in my live time of 65 + years of been a Nobber
 
Back
Top