- Joined
- Aug 16, 2022
- Messages
- 6,208
All in the same season!?Lowe had this gang too
• Cameron Archer
• Alvaro Fernandez
• Troy Parrott
• Tom Cannon
• Liam Delap
• Liam Millar
• Calvin Ramsay
• Sam Greenwood
• Kaine Kesler-Hayden
All in the same season!?Lowe had this gang too
• Cameron Archer
• Alvaro Fernandez
• Troy Parrott
• Tom Cannon
• Liam Delap
• Liam Millar
• Calvin Ramsay
• Sam Greenwood
• Kaine Kesler-Hayden
Hecky had better resources yet failed to get even close to Lowe’s highest finish of 10th.
Awful manager, awful appointment and glad to get rid.
And what has he done over the past two seasons?He got given less than a month to achieve it.
Some class players there chaAll in the same season!?
And what has he done over the past two seasons?
You slate fans who said ‘pre season results* mean nothing’ yet you were quite happy with the club wasting the entire pre season keeping this fraud as manager.
Hypocrite warning.
Fernandez, archer, Millar, cannon and SVB (only two of them played at anyone time by the way.)Some class players there cha
Neither did the previous manager yet he finished 10th and 11th and Heckingbottom didn’t beat his league finishes.Not spent any serious money.
*performances
Neither did the previous manager yet he finished 10th and 11th and Heckingbottom didn’t beat his league finishes.
Not as amazing as it is to see fans still thinking Heckingbottom is a good manager who deserves ‘time.’It's amazing to think that guy walked away from such amazing successes.
I've been a supporter for 54 years.
My top 5 in order, best at the top
David Moyes
Billy Davies
John McGrath
Nobby Stiles
Gary Peters
Worst 5 in order, worst at the top
Paul Simpson
Tommy Docherty
Phil Brown
Darren Ferguson
Graham Westley
I didn't include Frankie because I don't think it's fair to do so.
Simpson the worst?I've been a supporter for 54 years.
My top 5 in order, best at the top
David Moyes
Billy Davies
John McGrath
Nobby Stiles
Gary Peters
Worst 5 in order, worst at the top
Paul Simpson
Tommy Docherty
Phil Brown
Darren Ferguson
Graham Westley
I didn't include Frankie because I don't think it's fair to do so.
To be fair, I think the majority wanted a back 4 but realised with our poor recruitment of wingers, the back 3 is probably still our strongest line up with the resources we had.I'm in agreement with this statement, however it is just reappointing Hecky and McCall but with a tug at the heartstrings giving the new appointments the same time the old ones should have been granted given the money spent.
Interim McAvoy was a different beast. It was when he started making transfers and deviating from the team he started with that things went south.Frankie’s actual record isn’t bad.
14 wins and 10 defeats I think.
Interim McAvoy was a different beast. It was when he started making transfers and deviating from the team he started with that things went south.
When I first started going on North End Cliff Britton was the manager but it was under Jimmy Milne’s stewardship that I really became a fan. The 1963/64 season where they reached the FA cup final was the best I’ve ever seen. They also finished 3rd behind Leeds and Sunderland that season.Going further back, good old Nobby Stiles built an exciting team, got us a L1 promotion, and then 7th place in the 'championship' the following year. Not bad at all yet poor Nobby rarely gets a mention in these managerial threads.
This is utter horseshit.He bought journey men on huge wages we couldn't afford. He was the catalyst for relegation and an absolute boring bellend to boot.
Interim McAvoy was a different beast. It was when he started making transfers and deviating from the team he started with that things went south.