Skip to main content

Confirmed Graham Alexander New Manager, Chris Lucketti as Assistant

Confirmed Graham Alexander New Manager, Chris Lucketti as Assistant

You could put Lewis Hamilton behind the wheel of a Mini, it still wouldn't outperform a Jaguar.

I hope Graham does really well but he is still working with the same, limited players so we need to moderate our expectations until he has had chance to change what he sees as necessary. That could take a while.
 
I love the way so many are desperate to state "GA wasn't my first choice but I'll back him"
Grezza wasn't in my top 5 maybe even top 10 choices for the job. But I'll back him because a) he's our new manager b) He's a club legend.

Should I/we not back him because he wasn't 1st choice?
 

Grezza wasn't in my top 5 maybe even top 10 choices for the job. But I'll back him because a) he's our new manager b) He's a club legend.

Should I/we not back him because he wasn't 1st choice?
I think it shows that we aren’t as appealing that we think we are anymore and can’t attract the
first choice managers that we would like..

We had to lower our expections…
 


I think it shows that we aren’t as appealing that we think we are anymore and can’t attract the
first choice managers that we would like..

We had to lower our expections…

Or we had a shortlist and appointed one of those.

Nixon thrives on negativity, Graham is our manager now, move on and back him and the team on Saturday.

We are desperate for points as a good start is vital.
 
You could put Lewis Hamilton behind the wheel of a Mini, it still wouldn't outperform a Jaguar.

I hope Graham does really well but he is still working with the same, limited players so we need to moderate our expectations until he has had chance to change what he sees as necessary. That could take a while.
Absolutely this.
Up to press we have sometimes actually looked half decent for up to 2/3rd of the game but then totally run out of steam. Maybe just a tweak or 2 will go a long way, with getting fitness levels up being priority and then ,making sensible substitutions based on match day requirements, i.e fitness or tactics rather than the pre - ordained 'you do 60 minutes' and 'you come on for half an hour or so'.
And if that means taking someone off at half time (as POL should have been against Bolton) then do it!
They are supposed to be professionals, so no 'hurty feelings' if a tactical change needs doing!!
Hopefully they can do what the previous incumbents couldn't - and that is make changes related to circumstances!
 
don’t forget that he has never managed in the Championship…
I wager for this team he is the best appointment to galvanise the turn-around needed. The doomsayers will be baying for blood if we lose against Millwall, but I just have a hunch on reflection he and CL are exactly the right partnership and anchored relationship for the Job
 
I wager for this team he is the best appointment to galvanise the turn-around needed. The doomsayers will be baying for blood if we lose against Millwall, but I just have a hunch on reflection he and CL are exactly the right partnership and anchored relationship for the Job
Absolutely.
I think a Robbie Keane type may possibly do well if taken on by a Burnley or equivalent Team with recent premier Division players.
But, in respect of PNE:-
He obviously didn't fancy it - or back himself to do anything with a lower struggling outfit.
He's a 'Parker' type Manager, might look ok in hindsight based on the Teams he wangles to Manage.
Case in point - look how good Neil Lennon's management career looks (via Celtic) - yet very few in the EFL would take him!!
I think Alexander & Lucketti will prove to be a much better practical option.
 
Back
Top