Skip to main content

Matchday Thread Bolton Wanderers v PNE | 15.08.26 | KO:12:30pm | Championship

Matchday Thread Bolton Wanderers v PNE | 15.08.26 | KO:12:30pm | Championship

Personally, I don't see Lindsey/Storey/Hughes being part of the next chapter. So win/lose today - at least we won't have to suffer watching that shit week in week out.
 
Even if the new players

My gut feeling is he’s not entirely taken with Offiah. He also must not have watched the calamity display from Valentin last Saturday or the second half of last season if he thinks he’s a better bet than Offiah.
Defensive coach reacting to what he thinks will be a league one game and PNE trying to nick a point or rob all 3 .Proves that change in formation doesn’t change the mentality of Hecky
 
Looks like a 433. With McCann/Thompson/Devine in midfield. Like the look of Lang/Osmajic & Burgzorg up front , will cause trouble if they get the ball. Trotters came up last season & will prob take a while to find their feet. Derby game for starters & full house so great atmosphere. Goin for 2 nil away win for North End to get us off to a good start after yesterdays transfer dealings. COYW !
 
So we reach the start of the league season. Yes the team selection in defence and deep midfield is not inspiring but we may see something of Leroy today while Clarke will surely be added to the roster for next time as may possibly... well I won't speculate about players we have not signed. But hopefully this is the last time we will see the McCann-Thompson duo starting in deep midfield.

As for today we probably need to play better than we did last week in order to get something - a lot will depend on Devine's passing and how effective Lang and Burgzorg can be when running at the opposition.

From my own point of view there is a little significance to today's match in that an away fixture at Bolton's old ground of Burnden Park - now I believe a supermarket - was the first ever PNE match I saw. That was the FA Cup 4th Round on our march to Wembley in 64. Who knows maybe this season will also see us at Wembley. Here we go.
 
So we reach the start of the league season. Yes the team selection in defence and deep midfield is not inspiring but we may see something of Leroy today while Clarke will surely be added to the roster for next time as may possibly... well I won't speculate about players we have not signed. But hopefully this is the last time we will see the McCann-Thompson duo starting in deep midfield.

As for today we probably need to play better than we did last week in order to get something - a lot will depend on Devine's passing and how effective Lang and Burgzorg can be when running at the opposition.

From my own point of view there is a little significance to today's match in that an away fixture at Bolton's old ground of Burnden Park - now I believe a supermarket - was the first ever PNE match I saw. That was the FA Cup 4th Round on our march to Wembley in 64. Who knows maybe this season will also see us at Wembley. Here we go.
I think it was my first away game. My Dad had just bought his first car.
 
Now that Whiteman has gone we need someone else to step up to that role & Thompson is ideal.
Think he could also help keep up our yellow card totals. Not sure if he will be able to get 1 every game like whiteman was capable of but I'll certainly give him better than an even chance
 
My mistake, I thought it was the guy posting from Thailand.

Must do better, Prof.
Soi. is a local term for road in North Bolton. Just do not accidentally and up on Soi. Steeplejack 🫣

Would be quite nice to be in Thailand today, but at least Swansea is not demanding air conditioning today.

Going to have to see if there is a way of watching the game...
 
I don't think it's a bad line up with exception to the backline.

Does highlight the need for further strengthening - just hope a CB is definitely on the list.
 
I think it was my first away game. My Dad had just bought his first car.

Thanks - I meant to say the first ever away PNE match I saw. Can still remember it vividly - two goals from Alex Dawson the first getting his head to a ball bouncing up from the turf and the second a towering, stupendous header from a right-wing cross that hit the back of the net before the Bolton keeper could react to it.
 
Soi. is a local term for road in North Bolton. Just do not accidentally and up on Soi. Steeplejack 🫣

Would be quite nice to be in Thailand today, but at least Swansea is not demanding air conditioning today.

Going to have to see if there is a way of watching the game...
A bit pedantic, I'm sure you're in Neath.
 
Back
Top