Skip to main content

Club Takeover/Investment

Club Takeover/Investment

One question that nobody has either asked nor answered.

Should a Takeover actually happen, what becomes of Hecky et al given that new owners usually want their own man?

Should he stay or should he be replaced?

Whilst I wouldn't have been bothered had he left in May, I think now given (1) the start we've had (2) given the players he's brought in on a miniscule budget, he deserves a chance to prove his worth (imo).
Stay for me, but you never know with new owners.

With a hand tied behind his back he’s completely turned around our squad this summer.

For years we’ve been lacking pace, skill and athleticism and with a budget of next to nothing he’s changed that.

Think he’d do very well with more at his disposal.
 
One question that nobody has either asked nor answered.

Should a Takeover actually happen, what becomes of Hecky et al given that new owners usually want their own man?

Should he stay or should he be replaced?

Whilst I wouldn't have been bothered had he left in May, I think now given (1) the start we've had (2) given the players he's brought in on a miniscule budget, he deserves a chance to prove his worth (imo).

I think "usually" is doing some heavy lifting here. This happens occasionally, with a handful of high profile cases. Plenty of times where it doesn't that you just don't hear about.

Any new owner might be more trigger happy though should a manager go through the awful run of form we've seen from both Lowe and Hecky. Many other clubs would have pulled the trigger on both of them.
 
I think "usually" is doing some heavy lifting here. This happens occasionally, with a handful of high profile cases. Plenty of times where it doesn't that you just don't hear about.

Any new owner might be more trigger happy though should a manager go through the awful run of form we've seen from both Lowe and Hecky. Many other clubs would have pulled the trigger on both of them.
Last takeover - Morecambe. New Manager.

Probably happens more than we both realise.
 
There’s more owners like Bristol and Millwall than Wednesday and Reading in the EFL. Why do people always default to us becoming the latter and not the former?
Through fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of change. And they want you to be afraid too.
I'm at least not too worried overall as you're both right that most owners are pretty normal and sensible. The main reason the concern is there for me is that it is still possible for us to get a dodgy owner and the last person that we went somewhere down the line with was Chris Kirchner.
 
I'm at least not too worried overall as you're both right that most owners are pretty normal and sensible. The main reason the concern is there for me is that it is still possible for us to get a dodgy owner and the last person that we went somewhere down the line with was Chris Kirchner.
Just shows the "right people" stipulation is pretty empty - so not worth worrying about, because they'll be picking "the right people", not us.

The actual pursuit of a Kirchner deal was also way more exciting than the football we were being fed at the time. The biggest disappointment of all will be if this current approach goes nowhere, and we're stuck with the IoM again.
 
To be fair, they saw through Kirchner before it got too far. I'm sure they would want a responsible owner to try and take the club forward. I've been as frustrated as anyone these past years but maybe sometime soon much better times are coming.
 
To be fair, they saw through Kirchner before it got too far. I'm sure they would want a responsible owner to try and take the club forward. I've been as frustrated as anyone these past years but maybe sometime soon much better times are coming.
They got much further with Kirchner - period of exclusivity, due diligence, various reported bid amounts, including the derisory one that finally caused them to lose patience with him - than they have with anybody since.
 
If we were to get new owners you would hope that even if they did allow Ridsdale to stay in order to keep his EFL gravy train position they would at least bring in a "proper" director of football, I suppose it would be down to Hecky or the new guy if they could work together?
 
PCP on the new Rangey would have you think so
If he’s just bought a new one, he’ll be stung in more ways than one - we finance a number of new & used vehicles for our customers & the drop off on Range Rovers combined with insurance costs is genuinely eye watering
 
To be honest I am not a great believer in the present Ownership of the Club, not has committed IMO as their father

In my view they are dicing with eventual relegation, past experience with other Clubs who thought they were always safe, proves otherwise, and then finding a buyer at the price they seem to want would be more difficult

That said I suppose we should be careful what we wish for, some very serious predators out there
 
One question that nobody has either asked nor answered.

Should a Takeover actually happen, what becomes of Hecky et al given that new owners usually want their own man?

Should he stay or should he be replaced?

Whilst I wouldn't have been bothered had he left in May, I think now given (1) the start we've had (2) given the players he's brought in on a miniscule budget, he deserves a chance to prove his worth (imo).
Definitely stay. He has put up with so much shite he deserves the chance.
 
One question that nobody has either asked nor answered.

Should a Takeover actually happen, what becomes of Hecky et al given that new owners usually want their own man?

Should he stay or should he be replaced?

Whilst I wouldn't have been bothered had he left in May, I think now given (1) the start we've had (2) given the players he's brought in on a miniscule budget, he deserves a chance to prove his worth (imo).

I would say stay.

As exciting as a takeover could be, they can bring disruption in the immediate term. There's something to be said for a little bit of stability while the owners get their house in order. We also need the players to keep performing while things change, too much change can leads to confusion, downing tools etc.

Moreover, I think in the past year Heckingbottom has accurately identified the issues within the club. I don't even mean tactically or within the confines of the team.

- He's identified how the academy isn't up to scratch and there is a limited pathway to the first team. I think he has the experience in that field to identify what we need.

- He's recognised the squad leans a bit too old and doesn't have sellable assets. He's tried his best to correct this under the current limitations.

- He seems to have been hands in making changes with the recruitment team and in the coaching staff too.

Crucially he has experience at other clubs to know what we're missing and what we do well.

Bringing in someone new means they'll have to learn those problems all over again. With Heckingbottom the owners can hit the ground running in terms of strategy and infrastructure.
 
Last edited:
One question that nobody has either asked nor answered.

Should a Takeover actually happen, what becomes of Hecky et al given that new owners usually want their own man?

Should he stay or should he be replaced?

Whilst I wouldn't have been bothered had he left in May, I think now given (1) the start we've had (2) given the players he's brought in on a miniscule budget, he deserves a chance to prove his worth (imo).
get a piece of A4 paper
rule a line down the middle
left side = reasons to stay
right side = reasons to replace
i would imagine there would be a lot more ink used on the left hand side
trouble is as we saw at Birmingham, decisions can often be made using the heart rather than the head
 
Definitely stay. He has put up with so much shite he deserves the chance.
Agree Joan but we all know it doesn't usually work out that way with new owners who more often than not want to bring in a higher profile manager and that often isn't always for the better....it's often somebody off the managerial 'merry go round' pocketing another fat pay day.....Hecky & McCall deserve a chance with new owners and extra funds to really show what they can do without suffocating restrictions placed on them.
 
Not necessarily. A football strategy doesn't increase my wages and lower petrol cost.

Yeah, a recruitment strategy doesn't have much bearing on paying fans until it translates into results. I'd pay a bit more a game for entertainment though, which I don't think we've had since 2018.

We consistently play the most turgid, defence-first football in the league, and every other team associates us with agricultural anti-football.
 
Back
Top